xxiv: gowon

jurnee sat outside yoongi's complex with her hands sweaty as she ringed the code to call him. it took a few moments before jurnee heard his low voice, "who is this?"

"it's jurnee..."

...

silence wasn't what jurnee expected but that's what she was met with followed by a sigh, "what're you doing here? why are you here now?"

jurnee frowned. it wasn't a bad time at least in her book. it was eight thirty because she spent the whole day driving back to manchester from london and mentally preparing herself to talk with yoongi. "yoongi, let's talk. please, i really need to talk with you." there was already a long line of people that needed to get in through the gate behind jurnee.

yoongi hung up and when jurnee tried her best to not cry that was when the gates open. he allowed her in? jurnee took a deep breath as she drove through the open gate and made her way to park at yoongi's townhome. yoongi was already standing outside and jurnee took a deep breath before she got out the car to approach him.

it was a bit silent and yoongi was tired of it, "did you come here to stare at my face or what?"

jurnee frowned as she crossed her arms, "don't be mean. it doesn't fit you. you're not a cold person."

"i'm allowed to be agitated," yoongi said with his eyes bored into hers, "you show up at night out of the blue and i'm confused."

"you've been ghosting me, yoongi," jurnee kept herself calm and only spoke in a cordial manner, "i just... i don't like this anymore. i don't like pretending that i'm not hurting while i'm not with you and—"

"—yoongi!" jurnee stopped talking to look at the blonde haired girl that rushed out the house with a frown. "i am hungry, where's the food?!"

"나는 곧 음식을 얻을 것이다. 안으로 들어가." yoongi responded back but the girl didn't move. (i will get food soon. go inside.)

"is this jurnee?" the girl asked and jurnee squinted her eyes at girl that she had never seen before. "answer me, stupid."

yoongi looked at the girl sharply and she quickly giggled, "i guess that's a yes. hi jurnee, i'm gowon. yoongi's little sister, his pride and joy."

jurnee felt her body ease up as she waved at girl, "um hey, i have something to eat. enough for us three and i already warmed it up before i got here."

gowon jumped up and down as she held onto jurnee's hand, "i like you already!" yoongi didn't look pleased but he granted jurnee access to his home with her bag of food in containers.

"madre cooked," jurnee had told yoongi as she placed all the containers on the table, "hope you guys eat well."

"eat with us!"

due to gowon's persistence, jurnee had sat down with them. she didn't really eat much, only found joy in talking with gowon. yoongi ate his food quietly and gave his sister sneaky glances every time she'd say something a bit weird. gowon was the same age as jurnee and definitely got some of her personality from yoongi.

"well," gowon grinned as she finished her food and looked at jurnee then at yoongi, "did you guys ever had your first kiss yet? did you guys ever.. did nasty th—"

"—gowon," yoongi looked at his sister with a frown, "don't you have things to do? like that online assignment due at midnight?"

"you're no fun," gowon pouted as she cleaned up her area, "thanks for the food, jurnee. actually come with me!" jurnee looked at yoongi who was busy with eating. jurnee got up from the table to follow gowon into the guest room. "first things first, you're so pretty!"