#85

Shehnaaz was back in her room, happy and nervous too. She didn't know whether she would be a good mother.

She was pulled out of her daze by Maa and mumma. They were crying as they hugged her, murmuring prayers in her ear.

She coaxed them and then she coaxed her father, baaz, neetu di and preeti di too. They were all so emotional seeing her all well.

Sidharth was in the washroom of the ward, changing into fresh pair of clothes that Baaz had got for  him.

"Pari se mil sakte hain ab?", Maa asked excitedly.

"Han Maa mil sakte hain, mein rukta hun Shehnaaz ke paas aap sab jao!", he said.

"Nhi nhi, Sidharth tu jaa. Mein rehta hun motto ke paas. Jab sab Waapas aa jaenge mein tab dekhne jaunga use!", baaz said.

Sidharth nodded. He knew that baaz had been holding up everything and right now he needed his sister.

As soon as everybody left, Baaz kept his head on Shehnaaz's lap and cried. Shehnaaz just caressed his head, trying to calm him.

"Kya hua baaz? Kyun ro ra hai tu?", she asked lovingly.

"Agar tujhe kuch ho jata toh?", he asked as he clutched her hands and kissed them.

"Par kuch hua to nhi na? Hona bhi nhi tha, kyunki baba ji hain na!", she said as she smiled brightly, finally calming him.

Maa and mumma cooed and gushed through the glass door as they looked at their grand daughter.

"Dekhna kaise hil ri hai!", mumma said and laughed lovingly.

"Apne mu me hath daal ri hai, Pakka bhook lagi hogi ek dum Sidharth ki tra!", neetu di said making Sidharth laugh sheepishly.

He then remembered that he was supposed to ask Dr. Anaya about feeding Pari. She had asked told him how the breast pump works.

Sidharth had already helped Shehnaaz to fill up 4 bottles and that would do till evening or maybe afternoon.

Shehnaaz was literally on the verge of crying when Sidharth had told her that she can not feed right now.

"Meri bachchi bottle se doodh piyegi? Kitni choti hai wo abhi, usko mujhe hi doodh pilana chahiye na!", she asked softly and cried silently.

Sidharth sighed. He couldn't relate to her because he wasn't a mother but he could understand her pain.

She was hating herself and he couldn't see it. "Baby, pari toh tera hi doodh piyegi chahe bottle se ho yan tere se. Tera doodh hi to jayega Usmein!".

He explained to her and she visibly calmed down, finding everything he said, very logical.

It had been 8 weeks now and Shehnaaz was still in the hospital, recovering, while Pari was still developing in the incubator.

Shehnaaz could now walk herself, although it was a bit painful given the stitches outside and inside her body, but she did it herself.

It was around 12 in the noon and Sidharth was sitting with her, showing her the new pictures of Pari.

He clicks one everytime he goes to meet her. Today she was wrapped in a yellow soft cotton frock.

"Meri laadu Kitna sundar lag ri hai", Shehnaaz gushed at the picture while Sidharth sat looking at her with a soft smile.

"Kitni sundar frock hai ye. Meine bola tha na meri Pari yellow mein sundarr lagegi", Shehnaaz said proudly and got back to looking at Pari.

"Kaise nhi lagegi sundarr, papa ka favourite colour pehna hai mere sher ne", Sidharth said even more proudly.

"Ek min ek min! Bola kisne tha ki wo yellow mein sundarr lagegi? Meine! Huh!", Shehnaaz rolled her eyes.