Focusing on the exam looming over her once more, she waited, growing impatient.

"Hello there!"

She jumped.

"Huh?"

"Hey!" It was the same boy, standing in front of her, once again smiling from ear to ear.

"Oh, uh, hello?" she said, not returning his smile.

"Are you excited about the exam? I'm excited if you couldn't tell," he said.

"I guess. Hey, do I know you or something?" she asked.

"Nope."

"Then why are you talking to me?"

"I just thought you looked interesting. And lonely. Oh, and miserable. So I thought I'd cheer you up."

She nodded.

"Sooooo, what's your name?"

"Fujiwara."

"Fujiwara, what?"

"Umiko Fujiwara, but I don't want you calling me that since I don't know you."

He blinked. "So I'm Kayo Tsukamoto. Now that you know me, hey Umiko, would you like to be friends?" he eagerly waited for my response.

She sighed deeply, beginning to ignore him.

"Sorry, am I being annoying? I tend to annoy people without realizing it-"

The whistle blew.

She began to run into the maze along with everyone else before they all began to separate at the different twists and turns of the maze. Soon, she found herself alone and facing a robot. It was about two feet tall, a one-pointer. Wrapping her hair around it, she lifted it up as far as her hair could reach in its water from and then brought it back down quickly to the ground, smashing it into various pieces. She hadn't expected the one-pointers to be so weak but kept it in mind since they would be a quick way to rack up points.

As she kept moving, she tried to make sense of the maze and find her way around to where the stronger robots would be, but she was lost, and the walls were extremely high, so she wouldn't be able to use her hair as ropes to reach the top of the walls. The school had obviously accounted for people who could use their quirks for exactly these things and didn't want them to have an unfair advantage.

As she ran forward and making the occasional turn to the left or right, she met up with the odd few more one-pointers and even one worth two points.

Suddenly, she found herself face-to-face with another bot. A five-pointer. That meant she was going in the right direction.

It lunged at her, wrapping its mechanical clamp around her wrist and lifting her up in the air before she could register what was going on.

"Shit."

Its grip was tight, so much so that she couldn't push her wrist out with her hair, so she had no idea what to do next. It began to lift her in the air, just as she had done with her first robot.

Out of nowhere, she heard a voice cry out.

"Need any help?" they yelled.

She looked to see who it was, before groaning.

"Don't worry, I gotcha!"

Wind began to sweep around the robot, a strong wind at that, and it released her from its grip, before lifting it up in the sky and dropping it back down in the distance. Okay, fine, she had to admit that his quirk was really strong.

She fell onto the ground and looked at him.

"Thanks for stealing my points," she grumbled.

"A thank you would be nice."

"Why did you save me anyway?"

"I mean, that's what heroes do, duh"

Again, he smiled relentlessly. She couldn't understand him at all. For some strange reason, watching him smile so happily annoyed her. A lot.

"Just go away, I'm trying to actually pass this exam and if you're going to continue distracting me during this exam then I don't want to know you," she began to walk away.

He ran forward, grabbing her shoulder.

"Hey-"

She whipped around, furious at this point.

"WILL YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE?"

Her quirk activated with her sudden surge of anger, and she shoved him back with her hair as forcefully as she could, before running off as fast as she could.

His smile dropped.

She kept running, feeling tears prick at the corners of her eyes. She couldn't remember the last time she had been this close to tears. What was wrong with her? She couldn't understand why she was so annoyed with him, he was just trying to act friendly. Honestly, she couldn't understand many things about herself anymore. She knew she wasn't great with people, but she didn't know she could act like such a... monster.

No, now wasn't the time for tears. She was in an exam that would determine whether she would become a hero, so she needed to be calm and collected. Not going to UA wasn't an option. She had to do this.

Wiping any trace of tears away from her eyes with her sleeve, she proceeded forward.

༺♡༻

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Character Spotlight

Name: Kayo Tsukamoto

Quirk: Wind Manipulation

Favourite Thing: Making People Smile

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛