Chapter 5: Love in Genjutsu

Everyone was gathered in the field to talk about today's event.

October 10.

"So? Have you think of a plan?" Ino asked the others. They were having a meeting for Naruto's birthday. If they would throw a party, surprise him or simply greet him and give gifts.

"I have an idea!" Lee blurted out. He gain everyone's attention. He smiled widely. "We should express our love through sparring that will make him feel the spring of being youth!"

Everyone diverted their gaze and start talking again. Lee was left standing with a thumbs up.

"A lot of food, that'll really make him happy. Pork barbeque, grilled chicken, potato soup and of course, double size miso ramen with pork toppings and special naruto!" Chouji suggested.

"It's probably you who will enjoy it most, Chouji." Kiba said and Akamaru agreed.

"I have an idea---"

"How about giving him an S-rank mission?" Neji said cutting Shino off.

Hinata looked at Shino sulking at the corner.

"What?! S-rank mission?!" Sakura and Tenten both shouted.

"Why? He might really be overjoyed with it." Neji reasoned out.

"C'mon Neji, it's his birthday and you'll send him into mission?" Tenten protested.

"Right, he supposedly enjoy this day." Sakura supported.

"He will really enjoy that S-rank mission."

"Idiot!" Sakura and Tenten hit Neji in sync making the others laugh.

Shikamaru on the other hand keeps thinking for a good plan while listening to them and Sai reading a book on what to do during your friend's birthday. They suddenly become quiet, each one thinking what to do and how they will make this day happy for Naruto. Knowing that he's still hurt about Sasuke's "death".

"Hey, Shikamaru. You have any idea?" Chouji asked and they all look at Shikamaru.

"Yes." Shikamaru answered.

"Really?! Let us hear!"

"As expected to Shikamaru!"

"That's Shikamaru-kun for you!"

Shikamaru just sigh. "Now, now. Listen."

And they begin to plan for Naruto's birthday.

| Uzumaki Naruto

"A mission?"

Tsunade-obbaa chan nooded to me. I'm currently at her office listening to mission that she's going to give to me.

"Yes. You need to observe a certain man here in our village." She started explaining.

"A man? In the village?"

"I got an intel that he's being suspicious. He was seen a lot of times wandering around the village during midnight. He is dressed in black cloak with a mask covering half of his face."

"I see. What should I do?"

"Observe him and report back everything you will find out about him. But never engage to a fight, as well as letting him notice you."

I nod. "If I get caught?"

"Run away quickly and get back here." Tsunade-obbaa chan answered. "Be careful, there are rumors that he's one heck of a genjutsu user."