"Abeg." He hisses, "There's nothing to scope in your body."

Ouch.

"You've lost weight o, you're so skinny now, skinny and flat, so you don't have to worry about anything."

Double ouch. Why did that hurt so bad?. This is one of the reasons I don't want to be friends with this boy again, he has bad mouth.

I make to walk away after all I'm already late, I would have covered more grounds if I wasn't talking to him, mum will naw start asking me jamb questions.

"Where are you going to?." He grips my elbow.

Jamb question.

"Home." I simply say.

"Why?."

"Ahan, I should not go home again?."

"That's not what I meant, I meant why now?, we were still talking."

"Noo, our conversation is over, Abeg leave me alone."

Call me a child or anything but I wouldn't have him insult me that way. Yes, that was an insult, how can he call me skinny and flat?, I know I'm slim but I'm not skinny, there's a big difference. I'm not flat either, I'm just there, I mean I'm fifteen, am I meant to have large breast and bumbum?.

"Can't someone play with you?, I was just joking."

I eye him. Thunder should just come and strike this boy abeg.

"I don't care Abeg, I need to go home now."

"Okay, wait first, just give me your number please."

Not again.

"Next time Maxwell, iye?." I smile sweetly, I don't wait for him to reply before loosening myself from his grasp and running away.

Mum is going to have my head off for sure.

I stop midway in my tracks when I see Dami standing at the entrance of the main door typing furiously on her phone.

"Hope all is well?." I ask her.

"Where have you been?." She asks.

Is this one confused?.

"Why are you questioning me ni?." I ask.

"Simple question, you want to shit on your pant." She eyes me.

"Who are you talking to like that?."

"Ahan, you naw."

I hiss dropping the bag of provisions on the tiled entrance, she opens the door and runs up the stairs, I follow closely behind her, it's times like this I really regret not considering being an athlete. Damilola does lots of sports, she runs, she plays basketball, she does long jump, she even does high jump. She gets to her room and enters inside locking the door behind her.

I sigh in frustration, I can't believe I ran here for nothing and I couldn't even get my hand on that mannerless goat.

"Damilola." I bang furiously on the door.

"What?." She laughs from the other end, "Mummy sha said she'll punish you when she gets back so get ready."

"Bad news bringer, you've never given me good news ever since I've known you."

"That one is your business." She laughs again.

"Where is grandma?."

"They went to evening service, it's just you, me and Ayo at home."

"Lock yourself well, I'll still catch you, mumu."

She bursts out laughing again at the other end.

Ugh. She's so annoying.

I go back downstairs to pick up the nylon of provisions and drop it on the center table. I climb the staircase, enter my room then decide to finish up my assignments since today is a Saturday and I have nothing better to do, after that, I have my bath and change into a plain black t-shirt and a pair of white jean shorts.

I go downstairs to the backyard to take my clothes inside from the line, when I'm done, I make to go back inside but stop when I hear voices from the corner, my aproko self doesn't let me rest so I drag my feets and peep, Ayo is talking to a boy, nawa o, does mum and grandma know he's doing all this ones?, I make to go inside again but Ayo sights me before I can. He waves me over.

"When did you get back?." He asks knowing when mum sent me to buy those things.

"Not quite long ago."

"Who's she?." The boy asks like I'm not standing here and he can't just ask me himself. Even from where I'm standing, I can make out that he smokes cause his breath reeks of cigarette, he's fine o but he looks like a tout, he's on dreads and his short sleeved white top makes it easy to see the tattoo on his left arm, his voice is deep, very deep.

"She's one of the granddaughters of the person I work for."

The boy turns back to me his eyes running over my body making me regret wearing this shorts.

"I'm Leo." He stretches out his hand. I eye it for a few minutes, okay, there's no way in hell I'm shaking that, who knows where that hand has been?.

"I'm Dieko." I simply say my left hand holding the clothes and my right hand stiff at my side.

There was no point in not telling him my name. I'm sure Ayo would still have told him.

"Ayo, do you know when mum and grandma are going to be back?."

"Erm, the evening service usually ends around nine."

Wow, so four more hours then.

"I'll be inside, thanks." I smile before entering the house.

Was I rude to that Leo guy?.

Tchew, no abeg, me I cannot be shaking people around, I don't even know the guy, this is Nigeria, you have to have sense.

•••••
😂😂😂This is Nigeria

Question of the chapter: A nickname your friends call you?

My Answer: Rere❤️

Don't forget to drop your comments below!!!

Vote, Comment and Share❤️

Till next time babies!!!

Byeeeee

Starting Anew | Completed✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें