30. night before the event

~3 weeks later~
~your POV~

I had been home for 3 weeks now. I haven't let the house since the first week I was told I could go home. I Franky have not had any feelings to leave. The world around me feel like its crashed and burned. My phone has been off for two weeks, and I have no energy to turn it on. Ive ignored everyone. Nothing feels right. Part of me thinks its depression, part of me thinks its due to the loss of the could have been child, and the last part of me thinks it could be the fact I lost the love of my life. Ive opened the front door exactly 5 times, all for food I had delivered for the time being so I could still cook.

I looked at the ceiling and took a deep breath. I got off the couch and grabbed my phone. It was time I turned it on and at least checked emails. Once It turned on I had over 150 missed calls, and 300 text messages. The top of the list being a friend ive met through mutual events for work.

"Y/N! Darling, I'm reaching out as a friendly reminder, the banquet tomorrow evening for the Bill and Melinda gates foundation! With everything going on, I figured I would give you a little reminder of what we had set up about two months ago. Everything is ready and I am ready to hear that wonderful speech! Xoxo, Sophia hill"

My head fell back and I groaned. This was something I had completely forgot about this. I looked at the phone wondering what I was going to say, but I knew for a fact I couldnt back out of something to such a serious level this close to the actual banquet.

"Hello love! Thank you so very much for reminding me of the event!! Things have been so very hectic, but I am beyond excited for this! I am ready to share the story, and express how I truly feel about this amazing charity. So excited to see you tomorrow dear! Xoxo, Y/N" I wrote back. Everything had been so crazy, it felt like it was time get dressed, buy a dress, and go out on the town again.

~Adams POV~

"Have you been able to reach her?" Asked Christian, my tailor. I shook my head as I stood in front of the mirror.

"Sadly no. I have the meeting with the jewelers in 4 hours, and then I have to contact Sophia and make sure The banquet is still happening and if she did or did not invite her parents" I said fixing the cuffs.

"Well, last I checked they've donated every single year, unsure if they have ever attended the charity since the divorce" he stated and I nodded.

"I mean, I wasn't able to attend last year due to filming in Toronto, but I'm excited for this year. Its a good turnout, good speakers. And hopefully she will be there and I can talk to her." I looked at christian and he gave me a soft smile. The suit was ready for tomorrow. And I needed to get to the jewelers immediately.

~your POV~

I had picked up and found the perfect dress. Everything worked so well with the outfit. Down to the shoes, the clutch, everything in between. This was a huge event. When I was a child, my father was extremely close to Bill, and my mother to Melinda. They were considered really close, and still are to this day. They communicate through there own outlets, and donate every year, but since the divorce the four of them have not been in the same room in years.

When I was contacted by Sophia months ago, I was shocked. She was Melindas personal assistant, and now she coordinates some of the biggest events for them.

~adams POV~

I walked into the jewelers ready to face the music. After talking to Sophia, this was the last step in this plan.

"Miles, please tell me its ready" I said walking up to the counter. Miles turned around.

"Ahh Adam! Perfect timing. Everything is ready, and awaiting your approval" he stated and I smiled.

"Show me" I said and he did.

"Wow" I said starstruck. "Its perfect"

Miles smiled down at his work. "Well, its missing one important part, but for now, thats in your hands." He said and I laughed.

"You are 100 percent right. Let me write the check" I said pulling out my checkbook and writing down the digits before picking up the velvet box and putting it in my pocket, getting ready for tomorrow night.