Secret Marriage - Final

Half an hour ago we admitted Mishti in hospital. From that moment, I'm continuously roaming in front of ICU being restless.

Suddenly I saw Doctor coming out of the room, "Patient ki halat bohot critical hai.. hume unhe operate karna padega otherwise we can't save her.." Doctor spoke up leaving everyone shocked.

Her condition is critical??.. thinking this I was sweating profusely. The fear of losing her was surrounding me more and more by each passing second.. and I was hell scared.

Soon Doctor continued, "Ye operation risky bhi hai.. isliye patient ke guardian ko inn papers pe sign karna hoga taki hum aage ki treatment continue kar sake.." he said to daadu and then showed him the papers.

"Main mishti ka husband hu.. Abir Rajvansh.." I said with soft voice while moving towards the doctor and royally ignoring daadu "Ye papers mujhe dijiye.." I added and took papers from his hands.

I read the papers and it was clearly mentioned that during the treatment if anything happened to her then hospital will not be responsible for it.

I know this procedure is risky but it is need of the hour.. and I have to take this chance to save her.. otherwise.. otherwise I will.. I shut my eyes tightly to stop thinking negatively and tears rolled down to my cheeks.

No.. no.. nothing can happen to my angry chorni.. I won't let anything wrong happen to her.. I won't let.. I nodded my head in negative way and then picked up the pen.

My hands were trembling while signing the papers but at last I did it with heavy heart to continue the treatment..

Soon they shifted her in OT and started the treatment. Her operation continued for complete 2 long hours.. this 2 hours were the most difficult and painful moments of my life till then.

After operation, doctor came out of OT. I was hell scared for the result but my poor heart was expecting a good news from them as well.

But what I heard next moment turned my whole life upside down.. my whole world collapsed.

"We are sorry.. operation unsuccessful raha Mrs. Rajvansh ka.. wo coma me chali gayi.." doctor said looking towards me with pitty face and daadu & daadi sat down on the nearby chair in shock while crying.

No.. this can't be true.. I think I heard something wrong.. this can't happen with us.. my partner can't do this to me.. he can't snatch my happiness like this.. I was thinking while trembling badly.

Doctor placed his hand on my shoulder and I looked towards him only to realise that it is reality not a nightmare.

"Mr. Rajvansh.. aapki wife ki head injury bohot jyada thi.. jiske wajah se wo recover nahi kar payi.. aur coma me chali gayi.." he stated and I was just looking at him blindly with my red swollened eyes.

He sighed and dropped another bomb, "Aise situations me patient coma se bahar nahi aa pata hai usually.. hopes bohot jyada kam hai.. I'm sorry.." he said and tears rolled down to my cheeks automatically.