Chapter 9: Frustration & Fights

"We're dating."

"I'm sorry, what?" Dean blinked. 

"I lied to some of my friends about my crush. I told them it was you. Actually I didn't tell, Ginny guessed it was you and I just went along with it. In other words, can you pretend to be my crush which I have not told that I have a crush on?" I rushed out. 

He blinked at me.

I had rushed to find Dean after Transfiguration where Ginny kept pushing me to tell Dean that I had a crush on him. Dean was sitting under the same tree as the day before, legs crossed, eyes closed when I threw all that at him. I plopped myself next to him, threw my bag on the ground, and folded my hands begging.

"Let me get this straight, instead of admit to your best friend that you actually have a crush on a Slytherin, you rolled with the punches and now I'm roped into this huge mess. I never agreed to this Luna. This wasn't what I thought you'd do. I didn't sign up for this Luna!" He seemed mad.

"I know, I'm sorry. But please?" He crossed his arms and rose an eyebrow. "We don't even have to do lovey-dovey stuff, you just have to talk to me and I have to act like I like you, which won't be hard,"He smiled. "Ok, fine. If Daphne sees us together maybe she'll get jealous." That seemed to get his attention. I smirked, my Ravenclaw showing.

"Fine. But only if you tell me who it is you actually like." My heart paused a little.

"Who I like?" I stuttered.

"Yup. I told you, I agreed to help you, it only seems fair. Spill." He uncrossed his arms and leaned against the tree.

I mustered up all the courage and said the name quietly; his head banged against the tree. 

"Are you okay? Does your head hurt?" I went to inspect his head but a hand stopped me. 

"Draco Malfoy." He tested the name out. I knotted my hands together.

"Yup. That's the one. How's your head?" I stirred the topic away.

"What makes you like him?" He sounded disgusted, it made my heart sink a little. "Luna," He grabbed my shoulders, "His family held you captive." 

I shrugged his hands off. "I know, my stomach still suffers from it. Who cares okay? They, or at least Narcissa, have apologized for all my troubles. With Mr. Malfoy behind bars, they invite me over sometimes as an apology. Their house elves make incredible food, Daddy doesn't quite care for it, but the Death Eaters held him too and Narcissa was never one to even like Voldemort so she invites him over too, and-"

"Luna!" He yelled, some of the first years looked over. "I get it! Daphne acted mean to me the first couple years and may have done somethings a couple years ago, but they are all trying to reconcile.... Now I know why you were afraid to tell your friends." 

"Yeah. I'm scared of what Ginny will think. She's been through so much already and her whole family basically hates the Malfoys." He counted.

"I know okay. You don't think these thoughts run around in my head as well?" I sarcastically commented. We watched as Hagrid approached in the distance, he helped me up.

"Fine," He grabbed mt bag and handed it to me, "I'll pretend to be your crush that doesn't know is the crush."

"Oh thank you!" I hugged him, he laughed. It was a deep fruity laugh, it made me smile.

"Anytime.I just hope this gets me Daphne's attention." He sighed. Hagrid stood in front of our class.

"You'll get her attention no matter what." I nudged him. Hagrid cleared his throat and we quieted down.