Now Ant stared at her openly, his signature smirk in place. While, C's rubbed his face and growled into his hands. Not giving a damn about his theatrics, she kept her eyes trained on him and waited for him to say something...anything.

"Numero uno. When you listen at doors and shit, you're gonna hear what you wanna hear." He said between clenched teeth. "Numero dos. You don't get to question me about what my boy and me were talkin' about when the conversation is A and motherfuckin' B. I don't give a shit if you was the topic, you dig?"

Cleo raised her hands in front of her in disbelief. "I am done. It's way past time for you to take me home."

"That's the first real thang that came flyin' out yo' mouth today." C's agreed, getting up from the table. "Come on Ant. Let's take this rat back to the projects." He shook his head as he walked over to the faucet, dumping his bowl into the sink. "I don't know what the hell I was thinkin' about. Dealin' with a chick from the Ninth. Humph. My ass been slippin' all week."

Cleo swallowed to push down the pain that tried to force its way up from her stomach. So that's how it was, huh? Cool. If that was what it was, then she was glad he put it on wood then, instead of dragging the shit out. She didn't have the time to be catching charges behind some double slick Latino who'd played her like a got damn Nintendo.

"You and her..." Ant slid from his seat, shaking his head as he grabbed his bowl. "Man, y'all asses wild as hell. And I thought me and Keena argued about dumb shit. Y'all got us beat." After dumping his bowl in the sink he left the kitchen and jogged up the stairs.

Not really seeing the point in remaining in the same space as C's, Cleo stood and stalked out of the kitchen, heading for the living room. Flopping down on the love seat, she tried to stamp out some of the fury that burned her chest, like some old wore out hooker pussy. If she didn't get her anger under control soon, she was going to put her hands on somebody's child. Once that crack baby rage came out to set shit off, it was a wrap. Female, dude, or C's, it didn't matter, they could get it. Whoever had the nerve to take her there, would have to shut her down or get shut the fuck down.

Sometime during her mental rant, C's must've went upstairs, because he came down dressed in a red Ralph Laurens Polo shirt, that sported three black buttons at the collar, which he'd left open. The crease in the black Levi jeans he wore, were so sharp they looked like they could cut glass, and the red and black Jordan's he served up didn't make no sense. Frowning, she eyed the red bandana hanging from the back pocket of his jeans. Why did he have to get so duggie just to take her home? The thirty-two inch Gucci linked gold chain and iced out Jesus crucifix piece around his neck, had her eyes rolling, along with the red and black baseball cap slightly tilted to the side on his head. Really? Well okay. Yeah he looked like the business and smelled good as hell too. But really?

A second later Ant followed suit, in a pair of purple khakis and a yellow and purple Laker's jersey. Like C's, he too served up J's on his feet, but his were the same color as his outfit. The chain he wore around his neck was a rope style, and instead of his medallion being a cross, it was Jesus's face on the day of his crucifixion. An iced out thorn crown even adorned his golden head. Cleo shook her head and stood. She was done. Just done.

"'Bout damn time." Cleo muttered to herself.

C's ignored her and swaggered passed her toward the door. "Let's ride, holmes."

Ant followed, a smirk teasing the corners of his lips. With a major attitude on the rise, she trailed them out of the house with her face parallel to the ground. Too ashamed by half, to be seen with them, looking the way she was. At the car Cleo moved to get in the back seat.

"Get in the front, yo." C's snapped, before sliding in the driver's side. "My chick don't ride in no back."

His chick? Since when? Wasn't he just selling out about dropping her ass back off in the Ninth. He and all his changes got on her damn nerves. To keep the peace, she kept her mouth closed and got in the front seat.