Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Violet

As we drove up the school, I wiggled in my seat.

"Vi, you'll be fine."

"I don't want to go back there! You're going to have to force me in," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"When did you get so stubborn," Trent muttered while parking the car.

I looked out the window, "When I was told I would have to come back here."

"Violet," Trent said, "I know you don't want to be back here. No one does. If we had any choice at all, none of us would be back."

I shrugged, "You'll still have to drag me inside."

"Violet!"

"What?" I asked, acting as innocent as possible.

He sighed and got out, coming around to my side and opening the door, "C'mon," he said.

I shook my head and through the corner of my eye, I peaked at him. He wore a light blue shirt and dark blue jeans that were slightly ripped on both knees. His blue eyes were boring into me, begging for me to get out of the car and go inside. I slowly got out of the car nd grabbed his hand, "Happy?"

"Yes," he said, closing my door behing himself and then leading us up towards the school.

I looked at the old school building. Its dark brick was fading and it had vines growning up the sides. The doors and windows were shining brightly since the sun was hitting them. "I still don't see why we have to come back."

By now, Trent didn't answer. I laughed at the annoyed look on his face.

"You think it'll suprise every one?" I asked, looking down at our hands.

Now he laughed, "Maybe. Some people had bets on when this," he also looked at our hands, "would happen."

I smiled, "Sure they did. I guess I'm excited to see Yurianna again. It's been a while."

"See?" Trent said, smirking slightly.

I looked around, trying to see who was here. Yurianna was looking at a mirror that she'd placed in her locked. She had long black hair with bangs that nearly covered both eyes. She had darker skin. She was from South Korea, but she doesn't remember the place all that well. She was adopted when she was about two. I noticed her mouth was moving and realized she was talking to a girl I'd never seen before. She had black hair and blue eyes.

A few seconds later, I watched Nolan come up and poke her on the back, nearly scaring her half to death. She looked like she was going to smack him.

"Trent? Did Nolan tell you about-?"

"Hello students!" A rather cheery voice said over the loud speaker, "Welcome back for another amazing year! If you need an extra class schedule, come down to the office! Don't forget that the back to school dance has a theme this year! A masquerade ball! That will be all! Thank you!"

I saw the new girl rolled her eyes and I acught a hint of what she was saying, "...believe my sister can sound so cheery like that..."

Trent and I had lockers right next to each other. I guess it was all pure luck. All of our years books were already inside of it. "What do you have first?" I asked.

"History..." Trent grumbled, pulling out an old book that was labled: History, 11th grade.

"Aw, I have-"

"Violet?" The voice behind me came from...

"RACHEL!" I screamed, hugging her.

"Choking... me..."

"Sorry! I just missed you!"

"How was France?"

I faltered. I hadn't actually gone to France, just a cover up. Or a lie. But I'm going to say cover up. Luckily, Yurianna came over. "Violet! What was France like?"

So much for saving me. "It was amazing!" I said, launching into unrealistic details.

The bell rang. Thank you bell! You are a freakin' life saver! I grabbed my algebra book and walked with Yurianna to my first hour.