Chapter Four

I haven't posted on this for six months and about ten days. O_O I feel so bad you guys. Honestly. I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! PLEASE~!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chaper.

Chapter Four

Violet

After Trent had dropped me off at my house, I sat in the cramped living room. Now that I look at it, it has way too much blue. The carpets are blue, the walls are blue, as is the couch, though a darker shade.

I curled up on the couch and stared at the black TV screen, to lazy to reach for the remote or use any of my elements. So, I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep.

                                                                                        /*\*/*\

I woke up around eight, and it was nearly dark outside. There was a noise that startled me, and I looked around to see a man with blue eyes, just like Trent's. I knew it was his dad. When I had met Trent, I had been five years old. Caitlyn and I had been running through the park and saw him sitting on the swing. He had looked upset, so, knowing me, I went over, Caitlyn trailing nervously behind me, and asked what was wrong.

He just looked up at us, biting his lip.

"C'mon!" I urged, "Tell us! We won't bite you!"

"My dad died last week."

I shook the memory. I still wonder how those were his first words to us. A friendly hello would've done some good, you know. Even if I did ask what was wrong, he still could have said hello!

"Violet," the man said nodding.

"A-are you Trent's father?"

He nodded again.

"Why are you here?" I asked, more harshly than I meant to.

"I have important news that I need you to understand. The prophecy, as you know, is not complete. Nor does it have a single meaning."

I tilted my head, "How does that help me with anything. And how do I understand it...?"

"One last thing," he said, his wings unfurling.

"What do you mean?"

"Your father is an angel."

                                                                                   /*\*/*\

Avery

I tapped my foot impatiently against the cold and hard white and black mixed marble floor. Where was Caitlyn? I flapped my wings in irritation. That girl some times is just... ugh! Always late!

From behind me, I heard the large wodden doors creak as they were pushed opened. I turned around in a rage, "Where, might I ask, have you been?"

Caitlyn let the doors fall shut behind her. "Um... well, you see," she twirled her straight blonde hair between her slim fingers.

"I see what? A very late Caitlyn. That's what I see."

She flinched at my harsh tone. "Shut it, Avery. I don't care if you're my boss or not, don't use that tone with me. And I had a little trouble receiving the whole prophecy, so don't blame me." Her wings were flapping back and forth.  I don't even think she realized she was doing so.

"What kind of trouble?" I asked, rasing an eyebrow.

"That freaking British dude wouldn't-!"

"I hardly see how a 'British dude' could have anything to do with this."

Caitlyn was fuming with anger. "He wouldn't let me through those effing gates! I couldn't get past, so I just came back here."

"Caitlyn, Caitlyn, Caitlyn, since when do you just give up?" I paced in front of her, and I could feel her cold stare boring into me and my every move.

"I don't give up!" she spat, her wings blasting air towards me.

"It seems you have," I said simply. I then made my way up the staircase located only inches away from where I had stood. "Don't stay too long, I don't want you to dirty anything with your filth."