4. FLOWERS IN MY GRAVE

Start from the beginning

Jonghyun shook his head as if in disapproval, but I knew he was just acting. After a long period of silence, Jonghyun spoke again.

"What does it mean then?"

I raised an eyebrow, completely confused with his question.

"What does what mean?"

"The tiger. Showing up out of nowhere- yeah I know you trust him but that's not what I'm asking. What I'm asking is, why show up now, like you died three years ago, why now and not then?"

I didn't answer the question. Because I had no answer. I had know idea myself as to why things were turning out to be this way.

"Is it because of..." Jonghyun trailed off.

No one said anything after that. I didn't want to think about all the possibilities as to why my avatar was sent to me now. As if the creator himself knew that this fight wasn't going to be an easy one.

The sun had already set, sending an eerie glow in the whole room. The book I was reading was completely bathed in darkness, no light reaching it.

Raising my hand up, the torches and candlesticks on the walls and tables ignited in flames, the whole room now bathed in fire lights.

"Jisoo!" Jonghyun shrieked, all startled.

I turned to look at him, only to find his face contorted in fear as if I had done something wrong.

"What? What did I do?"

"Your flames! They are the flames of Hell! What if they can track you?"

I didn't even have time to think about Jonghyun's words because just then, Tans head shot up, his ears perking this way and that as a low growl vibrated out of his mouth.

Tan slowly stood up, his eyes turning a dark shade of purple which I recognized all too quickly.

He was preparing his powers of telekinesis. That's the only power that can actually cause some harm to the hounds...

Oh no.

The flames in the torches and candlesticks snub out just as quickly as they had come. I gasped, feeling my heart thundering in my chest.

Then we heard it.

The howls.

The hairs behind my neck started to stand on edge, making chills appear all through my spine.

I hated it. I hated that howling. It was a reminder of the fate that had come to me.

"AAGGHH!!" I screamed, holding my head in my hands as that familiar headache coursed through my head, making my eyesight blurry from the tears stinging my eyes.

"Jisoo!" I heard Jonghyun's voice call my name, but everything seemed hazy. My ears had gone deaf to all the noices around, safe for the ringing in my head.

I gritted my teeth, the tears cascading down my cheeks freely.

It hurt so much. So badly.

Through my blurry vision, I watched as Tan jumped out of one of the large windows, followed by Jonghyun who was now in one of his 'moods'.

"No..." I croaked, unable to form anywords.

I wanted to help them. I wanted to go out there and fight alongside them. But the headache wasn't helping at all. It had grown worst, far worst than before, making me more scared than I already was.

I slumped on the armchair again, resting my head backwards as I felt the pain subside, not completely but slowly. I panted for breath, my head still throbbing a little as I stood up again, deciding to help my friends now.