Complications In The Cold

Ruby(Resurrection AU) POV
Location: Beacon(Old Bonds AU)

Once again we arrived to a broken Remnant. It was odd. While we'd only been in the last dimension for a couple hours I was so used to hearing the screeches of those flying beast and the cries of dying soldiers around me. Storm clouds constantly rumbling sending hungry bolts of lightning to the ground to feast on the flesh of men. This one was different, much different. It was calm, quiet, and cold... very cold. It was similar to the feeling of chills running down your spine. Around us were buildings covered in glaciers of ice and frozen meteors embedded into broken towers. People, innocent loving people frozen in icicles. Crushed under rubble, and impaled on freezing pikes, their looks of horror and guts spilled forever frozen in time. The Goliath will pay for everything he has done... I'll make sure of it.

Titan(Ironwood I Awaken AU): WAAAAAAAR!

Who the hell was that?

Y/N The Archangel(Killers Remorse AU): Everyone take cover NOW!

Out of nowhere arrows of ice began to rain down on us. It's as if that war cry was instructed to open fire, like a general. Wait general... no, Ironwood... and his armies? I felt someone grab me and fling me into an alleyway away from the arrow storm. It was the hooded figure.

Cloaked figure(???): I told you this was going to be a hard road to walk Ruby.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Is that Ironwood?

Cloaked figure(???): And his armies. You'll need to kill him out before the next warlord and deity arrive with their army. We need to do this quickly as the monsters behind us are not too far away.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): How do we take him out?

Cloaked figure(???): The Goliath turned him and his men into a sort of hive-mind. With Ironwood being the main hive. If you kill him, the others will fall.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Does he have a weak point?

Cloaked figure(???): I've given you all the help I can Ruby. If I say anymore the rulers of fate will destroy what we've worked so hard for. You'll need to figure that out on your own.

I climbed up the alleyways wall to the roof. I began looking around to see if there was an opening. Ironwood was completely surrounded. In front of him he had his firing squad that was raining icy hailfire on us. Behind them stood ten shielders that covered him completely in a full circle. The only way I could kill him would be from the air. But how can I get a shot off with the arrow storm and nothing is stopping the shielders from just point their shields upwards. Wait... I have a plan. I hop back down and dash over to the angel.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Y/N, do you think you can carry me above Ironwood?

Y/N The Archangel(Killers Remorse AU): I can carry you. But how will we get to him with the storm of arrows coming down nonstop at us?

I look over to his dimensions maidens next to him.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Is it possible for you four to create some kind of energy wave. Like an EMP of sorts?

Phyrra(Killers Remorse Summer Maiden): I can create a beam of light that could blind them. However neither of you would be able to see either. In fact no one would be able to see since you'd be essentially starring into the sun.

Susie(Killers Remorse Winter Maiden): I can creating a barrier to protect the summer maiden from the arrows, but that still doesn't solve how you'll be able to see.

Cinder(Killers Remorse Fall Maiden): If you can get up to the clouds, that should be high enough to not be blinded by the light. The heat from the light beam should also be hot enough to where you won't freeze when you fly up there. It'll still be cold as hell.

Y/N The Archangel(Killers Remorse AU): But how can we get up that high before being shot down?

Raven(Killers Remorse Spring Maiden): I can create a portal that'll send you up to the sky.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Alright! Let's do this!

Phyrra and Susie jumped out from cover initiating the first part of our plan. It was working. Just like Cinder said it had gotten much warmer on the surface. Raven created the portal and after hopping on the angels back we entered through the portal. Cinder wasn't lying, it was freezing up here. The angel began to fly above Ironwood. I have a clean shot, but he's too far away. I began to climb off him.

Y/N The Archangel(Killers Remorse AU): RUBY! What are you doing?!

Ruby(Resurrection AU): I'm going to jump. We're too far for me to get a clean shot off on him. Wait up here. When you hear the gunshot I'll need you to fly down and grab me. If I hit the ground before you can get me. I'm trusting in you to be the wielder of The Godslayer. It's been an honor fighting beside you, angel.

Y/N The Archangel(Killers Remorse AU): RUBY WAIT!

I jumped. I can feel myself speeding up, dive bombing to the ground. I only got one shot at this. I look through my scope and see Ironwood. It's now or never... lining up the crosshairs... cocking my rifle... sights are set... finger on the trigger..................NOW!

*BANG*