Her eyes were closed in concentration, but Dean pushes off the counter in worry, chewing up the distance between them with large strides. He hovers behind her, ready to pull her away.

"Cas. . ." Olive falters, following his movements, "It's gone, isn't it?"

"What's gone?" Dean pressed, "You find anything?" She shakes her head, "So, that's good news?"

"I'm afraid not." Cas sighs.

"It's a biiiig problem," Olive drags, extending her arms as wide as she could.

Cas nods in agreement. "Physically, he's perfectly healthy."

"Then what is it?" Dean orders, hating that he was the only person that didn't understand what was going on.

"It's his soul, daddy." Olive states, glancing at Sam. "It's not there no more."

The three look to Sam who, since he's come back, showed genuine concern. Olive stood by Cas as Dean continued to pace around the Motel room.

"Ha. Um, I'm sorry," Dean runs a hand down his face, "One more time, like I'm five. What do you mean he's got no━?"

"When Sam was resurrected. .it was without his soul." Castiel explained carefully.

"When I met him for the first time." Olive pipes in, deep in her little thoughts. "His color wasn't there, I couldn't see it."

She didn't know what it meant until she started training with Toula.

Dean sighs, "So where is it?"

"My guess is it's still in the cage with Michael and Lucifer." He explains.

"So is he even still Sam?"

"Well, you pose an interesting philosophical question." Cas looks back to Sam. 

"I don't think dinosaurs can help," Olive tells the Angel seriously.

"That's not what that word means," Sam corrects her, "Where did you even get that from━"

"So, we get it back." Dean nods simply.

Cas gives him a look, "Dean."

"Well you pulled me out."

"It took several angels to rescue you and you weren't nearly as well-guarded." He explains. "Sam's soul is in Lucifer's cage. There's a difference. A big difference. It's not possible."

Dean scoffs. "There's gotta be a way." Cas hesitates. "What? What is it?" He pressed.

The Angel glances at Olive, who looked between the two. "Guardians created souls, back then you would be able to go to them with this type of issue but considering Olive is the last of her kind..." He trails off.

"But she could do it?" Dean thinks. Her eyes widened at the suggestion. 

Cas shakes his head. "

 Olive is strong but she's also a child. Creating a soul takes a lot of energy and power. .Olive could die."

Olive panics. "I don't wanna die."

Dean backtracks, thinking of Lisa's words. He didn't want to be the reason Olive dies, he couldn't, "There has to be another way."  He repeats.

"That would have been the only option." Cas sighs.

"Well in that case you can take Olive home." Dean turns his back.

She crosses her arms, "I'm not leaving."

"This is the worst time for you to be here right now." Dean states slowly.

"I can help," She pressed.