((1)mini chapter (1))

"Alright, let's get some work done..."

Lack of air conditioning in the summer proved to be quite the problem for Luna: she had to keep all her windows open during the day and closed during the night.

She made her way around her house, from the guest bedroom window all the way to the tiny kitchen window above her sink.

It was already June, and her search for her cousin's murder was still on the loose after all this time.

Leaving the window next to her desk open, she could easily hear the crickets and cars that would occasionally pass.

Her PC was plain, but functional, as it's purpose purely served as a tool for her work.

Stretching her neck and arms, Luna leaned into her chair and turned on her monitor.

"What do we have tonight..." she asked herself in a whisper.

The first report appeared on her screen:

SUSPICIOUS PERSONS REPORT

SUSPECT: (Y/n) (L/n)
DATE: 06 - 02 11: 32 AM
SEX: Female HEIGHT: Unknown HAIR: (H/c)
AGE: 25 WEIGHT: Unknown EYES: (E/c)

REPORT:

It's been a while since I heard from my friend, (Y/n), and I've been starting to get worried. I tried calling her and emailing her, but all the calls went to voicemail. I went over to her house and knocked on the door a bunch but she hasn't answered at all. She's been in a pretty bad mood since a family member she was very close with passed.

Luna could understand what that felt. She sighed, taking a sip of the coffee on her desk and continued the report.

I asked the police to do a wellness check but they said that it made sense for her to want to be alone for a while. I just want to be sure she hadn't done anything stupid.

Opening the D.M.V.DB, Luna entered the information she was given, instantly finding a match. She didn't bother checking Social blade, as appearances on social media were crafted and deceiving, opting to go straight for the SIMDB.

The person wasn't lying when they said they had tried to contact her. Missed calls and text messages filled up under one contact, but the others were relatively scarce. The other read messages the woman had all went relatively the same way:

-im going to take that some time alone
-are you sure?
-yes
---
-how have you been holding up?
-ive been alright

Plain as they were, it wasn't exactly evidence that would suggest something had happened to her.

Her search history wasn't really incriminating either, except for the "where to successfully pirate Shrek 5," which Luna willfully ignored.

She brung up the woman's credit card history:

Cardboard boxes, cleaning supplies, a streaming subscription... there's nothing here. Sounds like she's just ignoring you, buddy.

Luna clicked on the report, slowly dragging it to the shredder icon, but something made her stop...

She gripped onto her mouse with her finger index finger properly pressed down on the right click, the tension in the room rising with every second-

And then she sneezed.

"Woah," she dropped the paper in the shredder and stood from her seat, closing the window next to her and returning back to her desk.

Must've been the breeze...

...

...

...

You were drugged again, bound to a chair with bruised wrists and ankles, and although you didn't do anything wrong this time, you figured it was because he liked experimenting on you.

Tanner caressed your smooth bare legs, petting you like some animal.

"How do you feel?" His voice came deep within his chest like a purring kitten.

"Like..." You couldn't really speak.

"I don't think it's kicked in yet," he said truthfully. "Maybe you need something to eat to wash it down."

Instead of injecting you with the drug like the last couple times, he pried open your mouth with his large hand and popped the syringe inside in a lewd display that made you feel humiliated. You tried to fight it with your tongue, but instantly gave up when Tanner explained that if it punctured the muscle, it could swell, and render you unable to make any form of speech.

He was looking up at you from your lap, blinking occasionally.

"You smell so nice."

"..."

"I complimented you. Aren't you going to thank me?"

He stopped petting you, and you instantly felt cold again.

"...thanks?"

His grip on your leg tightend, "yes. yes. you're welcome..."

Tanner's smile was so bright, the apples of his cheeks rising like a child's.

"...you're so very welcome."