Chapter 14: Early morning

The sunlight had lit up the room slightly as the curtains didn't fully block the light. Amy began to stir and yawned a little as she propped herself up, leaning against the pillows. She reached for her phone, 7:24 am. Sheldon was planning on waking up at half past, a bit later than his usual wake up time as he was a little jet lagged. Amy decided to wait to wake him up, she knew he would be annoyed that it wasn't the exact time he wished to get up. Reading her notifications she notices some messages, mostly from her, Penny and Bernadette's group chat and then some from her mother.
By the looks of it the messages weren't important and she could catch up on what she missed later, but for now she decided to make the most of the next 5 minutes. She moves closer to Sheldon and places her head on his chest and snuggles into him, admiring everything about him and enjoying his company. Soon she felt him stir slightly and as she was about to move back to where she previously was she notices his arms wrapping around her and a gentle kiss on her head.
"Good morning" he says groggily.
"Morning Sheldon" Amy looks up into his eyes and smiles.
"As much as I'm sure we would both enjoy staying here, we should get ready for the day" As he says this his grip on her loosens as he sits up on the bed.
"I suppose you're right" Amy agrees and gets up, she goes over to the draws and picks out her outfit for the day.
The two of them then continue to get ready and then make their way downstairs to the breakfast buffet at the hotel. Sheldon gets his usual cereal while Amy gets some toast, they then find a quiet table which is out of the way and enjoy their food.
"What do you think we will have to do with Ben and Abi?" Sheldon asks.
"What do you mean" Amy is slightly confused by the premise of his question.
"Well will we need to take them put to a park or play games with them, will we need to make the lunch and what?" There's a growing anxiety as he asks these questions and Amy reaches for his hand stopping him before he can say more.
"I imagine we will let them play with their toys and Missy said we don't have to take them out anywhere and they will probably want sandwiches for lunch, which I am happy to make" she was definitely prepared for Sheldon to get stressed beforehand so had messaged Missy the previous night asking all the questions she thought her husband might have. It's clear to say she knows him well.
"That sounds simple enough" he says before continuing to eat.
"It'll be fun, you did seem to enjoy the time you spent with ben yesterday" she reminds him.
"I most certainly did not enjoy having food thrown at me and being bothered every second when I wanted to eat my food!" He begins to complain before being interrupted,
"But you enjoyed showing him your comic books and telling him about superheroes" his eyes widened slightly as he was reminded of this.
"It was nice to introduce him to the world of comic books, he was rather intrigued". At this point he wasn't the only one smiling, Amy loved hearing him talk about how he enjoyed his nephew's company, it somehow made her feel content.
"Amy, I was wondering if you would want to go to the comic book store after we've eaten?"
"Sure, that sounds nice" as much as she didn't really care for comic books Amy did enjoy seeing Sheldon so happy and they also had some time to kill.
"That's great! We can leave once we've finished eating". They talked a bit more with Sheldon telling Amy about when he first went to the comic book store and how it was his friend who introduced him to the sci fi world. But it didn't take long for them to finish their breakfast and go to the comic book store.
"Here we are" Amy says as she gets out of the car. She looks over to the door and sees Sheldon running inside, following him she couldn't help but laugh a little, he certainly did have the excitement of a toddler.
"Amy" Sheldon calls her over to some comic books.
"I was thinking of getting this comic for Ben" he says holding up a Thor comic.
"He seemed interested in Thor when we talked yesterday and I was thinking this is a good starting point for him" he flips through the pages of the book as he talks and remembers the first time he read about Thor.
But his thoughts were interrupted by Amy,
"Well that sounds good then, I'm sure he'll love it".
"Alright, I'm going to look around now and see what's new but then I'll pay and we can get going" Sheldon starts to walk off to the other side of the store but stops when he hears his wife speak.
"If you're getting something for Ben maybe we should get something for Abi. Remember when Penny got that princess dress for Halley and Michael started crying".
"I suppose you're right. How about a spiderman comic?" Sheldon suggests.
"Sheldon, she's only 2 maybe something other than a comic book. We could go across the street to the toy shop and buy her a cuddly toy or something?"
"Fine, but I don't see how she would prefer that over a spiderman comic book!"