1: The Gift of Peaches 🍑

Start from the beginning

Though there wasn't anything in the rulebook about falling in love with a yokai, he couldn't risk losing you if the consequences were dire. Especially if it involved a certain Insect Pillar or Wind Pillar.

Passing through the wooden torii gate, Giyuu spotted a small shrine straight ahead. Several feet away from it was the minka (house) where you currently lived.

Giyuu's stoic blue eyes then glanced up at the big and blooming cherry blossom tree that stood by the small shrine. The very tree bears his and your initials that you both carved into its bark. A mark that will forever symbolize his and your love.

After stopping briefly at the shrine to offer a prayer and depositing some yen in a small stone bowl held by a miniature statue of Inari Okami, Giyuu soon made his way towards your home.

He stepped onto the engawa, now standing in front of the shoji, and calmly gave a soft knock.

Momentarily, Giyuu heard faint footsteps approach as the door slid open to reveal you.

"Tomioka!♡" You said excitedly upon seeing your lover before pouncing him.

The already injured male didn't even have time to react, as he soon found himself losing his footing and falling backwards with you, releasing a "Oᴏғ~!"

The weaving basket he'd been carrying landed only inches away from him; it's continents now laid on the ground.

"Ow." He nonchalantly groans.

Ironically, this would be the second time today he's "fallen" for you.

"I'm so happy to see you! I missed you!" You say happily.

You stopped embracing him and glanced towards the basket he'd been carrying. Your (e/c) eyes widen in delight as a happy grin crosses your lips that flashes your canine-like fangs.

"You brought me peaches!♡"

Giyuu watched as the white-colored fox ears with red tips on top of your (h/c) head twitched and your matching nine tails fanned behind you in excitement.

Indeed, you were a breathtaking sight to behold—quite literally in this case.

"Yes, I picked them for you as a gift." He said, trying his best to show his discomfort.

Upon completing his mission of slaying yet another demon, Giyuu wanted to bring you a gift. But since he didn't have enough money (since he already spent it on buying food for himself) to get you something luxurious, like jewelry, he remembered just how much you loved fruit, especially peaches. (If you hate peaches, just pretend!)

So, he went to find you the ripest and juiciest peaches he could find.

However, upon climbing up the tallest peach tree, a branch snapped, causing him to tumble down to the ground while hitting every branch and twig on the way.

Still, it seemed to have been worth it, because seeing the sheer joy on your face made him happy despite his injury.

"Aww~♡ Giyuu, thank you♡!" You smiled warmly before leaning down to kiss him while nuzzling his forehead with yours.

"I love you."

"Hmm, I would say the same if I wasn't in so much pain right now." He said, his tone and expression stoic as always.

Your ears perked up at the word "pain" as you quickly got off of him before gently helping him up.

"What's wrong, Giyuu? Are you okay?" You asked, your excitement now being replaced with worry as you watched him stumble a bit.

"I'll tell you once we're inside. It's nothing serious though, so don't worry." He reassured.

Wordlessly, you helped him step up onto the ENGawa and into your home.

----------

Note: please keep in mind that (Y/n) in this, is human but possesses ears and tails of a kitsune. Thus, her appearance is similar to Ahri from League of Legends.

Sorry..just thought I throw it out there for those who don't understand and think she's a antimorphic animal/furry.😅