"Isn't it 10 in the morning?"

"She's baking something and everything takes her twice as long now." He explains.

"Can we come inside?" I hold Olivia's hand as she shakes lightly.

"Yeah, of course." The door opens for us to come in and I walk towards into the living room where Olivia follows me.

"Andrea, we have company!" Scott yells.

"Who is it?"

"Just come into the living room."

"Be right there." I hear Andrea washing her hands then coming over to the living room.

"Hey..." I quake.

"Taylor...oh my god. I didn't expect to see your face ever again."

"I brought some company." I look down at Liv who is curled up on the couch next to me.

"Is that her?"

"She's shy...her name is Olivia.

"She's so beautiful." Andrea grins as she looks at Liv.

"Olivia, this is your grandma. She's my...she's my mother." She isn't my other but-this is hard.

"Why haven't we seen her before?" Olivia asks.

"I didn't know where she was. But we found her." That's kinda the truth?

"Like Blue Clues?"

"Sure..."

"How old is she?" Andrea asks...sounds like a stupid question to me.

Olivia holds up 5 fingers. "I'm 5!" She shouts.

"You're very smart, Olivia."

"I know." Liv smiles with confidence.

"She's funny." I say.

"Do you have any toys?" Olivia asks Andrea. She's not really supposed to ask strangers for that stuff but it's my mom I guess.

"I do! I have some in the attic. How about you go with you Grandpa to get them?"

"Okay!" She jumps off the couch and follows Scott then Andrea sits next to me.

"She's a cutie." Andrea says.

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have said what I said. I was mad and I had more anger than I thought that I did."

"I get it, I was a bitch too. You had a right to be angry, I screwed up."

"I don't think I can forgive you quite yet but I can be indifferent until then."

"That sounds perfect. I want to know my granddaughter and grandson in a couple months before I go. Can I see them sometimes?"

I sigh and look down. "Yeah. Once a week, every Sunday, come to my house. I don't want to deny you your grandchildren. If I was dying in a few months, I would want to spend it with my children. Just don't abandon them."

"I will never make that mistake again."

Olivia comes running in with a Cabbage Patch Kid and holds it up to my face. "Mommy, look what we found!"

"A Cabbage Patch Kid?"

"Grandpa says it was yours."

"It was." I haven't seen one of those in years. Last one I saw was probably that one...I was probably 8 when I stopped playing with it so it's definitely been a few years.

"Can I have it?"

"Sure, I'm not going to be playing with it anytime soon."

"What did you name it?"

"Uh, I think it's name was June."

"June and Mae can play together!" I think for a moment then remember Mae is the name of her Barbie.

"Yup. Liv, how do you feel about seeing your grandma and grandpa again?"

"That sounds fun. Grandpa gave me cookies and a toy. I really like cookies."

I chuckle and look at her play with the single doll. I should probably wash that when we get home. "Liv, we should get going."

"But I wanna stay." Olivia pleads.

"It's okay. We'll see them again in a few days, you know Joe is probably home."

"YAY JOE!" She cheers.

"Who's Joe?" Andrea asks.

"A friend...kinda. Mostly a friend, I think he's my friend. I'm so confused right now."

"That clears it up." She ridicules.

"Well, we were like friends with benefits and now we're something with no benefits. It's confusing as hell."

"Mommy, what's friends with benefits?" Olivia asks.

"I-I-uh-I." WHAT THE FUCK DO I SAY!?

"It's like-it's a friend that you-I don't know what it is." I can't explain this without a really awkward conversation happening.

"Then why did you say it?"

"I don't know. How about we go home now?"

"Okay!" She skips to the door and waits for me to get over to her. It takes me even more time to catch up with her now. I don't know how I'm going to tell her any of our chaotic situations happening right now but one day maybe it'll get easier.

—————————————
Author's Note:
I ate a vegan breakfast sandwich for dinner and it was really good. Being vegan isn't as hard as I thought it would be. It's been like 5 days and it's been hard. I'm always doing so many time skips because I'm lazy 😂

Update: I was doing super good on my vegan diet and not eating anything animal wise but then my mom left and I ate a lot of steak and ice cream 😂 I'm finally getting back on my regular diet today.

Word count: 1357