𝟭𝟳. tabula rasa

Start from the beginning

    "Uh, guys..." Asami interrupted with an alarmed tone. They turned their attention towards the people behind them and saw one man pull out his sword while another showed off his spear. "We should get out of here."

    Cloud scoffed at them while Korra did an I'm-watching-you gesture to all the men in the tavern before following after their friends. Even if they did try to capture them, they would only end up on the ground with bruises on their faces. No one wanted to cross them even though they were literally wanted for a false crime. The airbenders weren't toys, and they weren't definitely made for them to use as pawns in their sick little games. 

     Cloud cursed the Earth Queen in her mind. You reap what you sow.

    The airbender sat next to Asami this time as she drove the jeep after Naga with Korra on her back. The team followed a windy road before making their way down a path on the road. The jeep followed closely behind as Naga ran up a small slope. The polar bear dog continued sniffing the ground for any scent near a bunch of rocks.

     Cloud had a feeling they were getting close to the truth seer's whereabouts. Other than that, she definitely needed a shower from how much sweat she produced in the past couple of hours in the open sun.

    "Naga found something," Korra said, hopping off Naga as the polar bear dog sat down.

     She earthbent a giant boulder to the side, finding Aiwei's jeep hidden behind a small clearing. Cloud didn't notice Korra being smacked by her own polar bear dog's tail as she walked past them to examine the jeep.

    "This must be Aiwei's jeep. He can't be far," Asami muttered, appearing beside her in front of the abandoned jeep.

    Cloud glanced back at her other friends, her gaze landing on a certain firebender as he looked at the Misty Palms Oasis, walking to the edge of the slope. "A penny for your thought?"

    Mako cleared his throat, narrowing his eyes at the nearby town. "I was thinking, Bolin and I will investigate the Misty Palms Oasis, and see if he's hold up there."

    "Yes!" Bolin folded his arms as he said with excitement in his tone. "I love it when you talk like a cop."

     His comment made the airbender scrunch her nose in confusion. "He is a cop."

    "I'm coming too," Korra insisted.

    Cloud shrugged. "Me, too."

    "No, Cloudy." Mako shook his head, causing Cloud to frown at him, pouting her lips as if it would do much to change his mind. Well, he was tempted to change his mind because she looked too adorable and he always had a soft spot for her, but he was stubborn as well. "They need you."

    "I can handle myself, you know," The airbender huffed under her breath, turning her back on him with her arms crossed.

    Mako gently grabbed her arm, urging her to face him again. Despite the frown on her face, he smiled faintly. "I know you can. That's why I need you with them."

    "That's better," Cloud muttered, narrowing her eyes ever so slightly at the guy.

    "You and Asami wait here in case he comes back." He turned back towards Korra. "Besides, we don't want to call too much attention to ourselves."

    Reluctantly, Korra agreed. "All right."

    While the two brothers ventured towards the town in their fancy disguises━if they could even call a bright yellow raincoat as well as bright green goggles disguises, then so be it. Cloud thought it was funny, even though it did more standing out than blending in with the bright colors.