𝟭𝟲. the perfect storm

Start from the beginning

    "Bolin," Cloud hissed under her breath.

    There was an awkward silence and Bolin changed back to his normal voice. "I don't even know why I'm saying that. You know I'm lying, and you don't even sound like that."

    "We came here because things weren't adding up, and we thought you might have some answers."

    "Sit. If you want to talk, let's talk over some tea." Aiwei gestured to his couch, and the group sat down. Then he started pouring green tea into a cup, turning his back on them. "Now, what is not adding up exactly? Hong Li was clearly lying and we found evidence in his apartment."

    "But don't you think it's weird how young he is? How did he ever get mixed up with this group?" Mako questioned.

    Aiwei trudged towards the bookshelf, causing the airbender beside him to nudge his knee with hers. Mako visibly stiffened. Her blue eyes slightly widened as she sent Bolin a look, who briefly raised his arms in defense. 

    "Perhaps through a relative, or maybe he was bribed," Aiwei mused. "We will find out those answers in time. But if wasn't him, who do you think it was?"

    "We don't know," Asami responded, trying not to throw him off.

    Aiwei still had his back turned to them. "You don't think I had something to do with this, do you?" 

    When the truth seer moved the jar back to its original spot, Cloud froze. She glanced at her friends, mimicking a knife slicing her throat, and mouthed, We're screwed. They could only shake their heads, hoping Aiwei wasn't too smart. Okay, she doubts that. He definitely already figured them out.

    "We're just looking for answers."

    "And you think you've found something, don't you?" Aiwei asked, fully knowing that they knew he was the culprit. He noticed the bookshelf had been moved and he paused. Team Avatar exchanged nervous looks with each other. "You have no idea what is coming for you, Avatar."

    Within a second, Aiwei's tone completely changed and he didn't waste any time to metalbend his stairs upward. Mako firebends at the new wall while Cloud sent an air blast not after, but it had no effect. The group ran towards the wall as Korra began to metalbend into the wall, but she only made a small rupture.

     "Come on, he's getting away!" Mako exclaimed, earning a look from the airbender who stood next to Asami, her hands gripping her glider tightly.

    "I'm still a little new at this, so back off!" Korra finally managed to break through the wall, and the gang ran to the cellar and opened the door.

    However, as soon as they entered, a bomb was waiting for them, which promptly went off. Thank the flying bison and all the cute things in the world━Cloud had a crazily fast reflex and she quickly airbent an air dome to protect herself and her friends from the impact. The dome encased all of them, which pushed the blast away. As the smoke dissipated, the truth seer was gone.

     "He's gone."

    "Oh, come on!" Cloud groaned, throwing her arms up in disbelief as she glanced around the destruction. For the third time, the person who they thought was their ally, was just another lying prick who wanted the Avatar gone. Here she thought something was actually changing.

    Being the Avatar must be hard, no matter how enticing and exciting it sounds. If you exclude the power and the glory; being the Avatar was a blessing and a nightmare at the same time. But Cloud had never seen Korra take those things to heart, or she was just doing a pretty good job at hiding it.