I chuckled. I reached for my margarita on the counter before answering her nonsense accusations. To make it even agonizing for her, I played with the dew forming on the side of my drink.

"Ranger is giving me more than enough. No need for me to look for another man to milk. And I'm also pretty sure we're talking about sex here and not money, right?"

Claudia gritted her teeth. She raised her hand mid-air, ready to slap me hard, but didn't. Namumuo lang ang luha sa gilid ng mga mata.

"You are disgusting!" she angrily spat.

I grunted. "Disgusting? Can you come up with a better insult than that? And also you were saying last time that you'll take him away from me, right?" humakabang ako pasulong kaya siya umatras. "Paano ba 'yan kung sa akin pa lang ay sobra-sobra na? I've whipped him so hard, he wouldn't even bother looking at you-"

The slap she has been suppressing hit my cheek. It was powerful enough to weaken my stance. Hindi ako gulat sa sampal, ni hindi rin ako apektado. I showed no emotions tonight than our last meeting, making her plans backfire to her. And it worked pretty well seeing her this aggravated.

Claudia Lopez, a socialite, eyes are glistening in tears because I took her favorite candy. What a shame.

"You are disgusting! And you being shameless to me plainly shows how low of a lady you are! Ni hindi mo nga marespeto ang katawan mo? Of course Range and I wouldn't sleep together for money," she now smirked. "...because he respects me as a lady! Unlike-"

I snorted. "He respects you, Clau? Iba ang nirerespeto sa nag-iilusyon. You will stay in this delusional state forever wishing he'd touch you too, right? How many times did your pretty little mind imagined him to be on top of you? Maraming beses na, hindi ba? Why don't you just accept the fact that he doesn't really like you enough to sleep with you?"

This time, I caught her hand mid-air to prevent her powerful slap. Nanggagalaiti niya akong tinignan, na kahit sa kadiliman ng club, makikita ang pamumula ng mga mata niya sa inis. She's shaking in anger terribly. Tinapik ko nang sobrang lakas ang kamay niya papalayo. That made her ground stumble a bit.

"What's happening here?"

Napapikit ako nang mariin sa boses ng nagsalita sa likod ko. Hindi ako nagkakamali na si Range ang nasa likuran ko ngayon. Ngunit bago ko makumpirma kung siya ba o hindi, pumalupot na sa baywang ko ang hawak niya. His familiar musk also filled me in.

Claudia swiftly composed herself. Natataranta niya akong tinignan bago si Range.

"Nothing." Claudia was full of confidence saying that.

I let out a frustrated sigh after she denied our fight. When I looked up to Range, his brows furrowed. Mukhang hindi siya kumbinsido sa naging sagot ni Claudia. Binabaan ako ng tingin ni Range kaya umiling ako, saving her ass this time.

Claudia's friends from the near table shamelessly went to us. Ang mapanuya nilang tingin ay nanatili lang sa katabi ko.

"Oh? Is she the latest girlfriend, Ranger? Everyone around wasn't informed, you know. We all thought both you and Ride weren't up for a serious relationship anytime soon?" bulalas ng naka-silver dress.

"Isn't that the you guy's rule? Gano'n naman kayo palagi, hindi ba? Laro lang at walang siniseryoso?" nakataas ang kilay ng isa pang naka-velvet midi dress, deritso sa akin ang tingin.

Natigilan ako. Biglang humigpit ang yakap ni Range sa baywang ko.

Sa katahimikan ni Range, nagsiyukuan ang mga kaibigan ni Claudia sa hiya. Kahit ako'y naintimida rin sa pinapakita niyang madilim na ekspresyon. He is clearly not impressed with those intriguing questions.