Ch.5 Scout

(Uh boop?)

"Ok Aspen, let's try this again."

The tattooed snake nodded on her palm as it flew off y/n's body, showing its true form.

The snake wrapped itself around her body until Y/n had bonded with it, her becoming the snake.

She tried to hold her position for a little longer but could do no more than 10 minutes at a time, without using her icy breath as a snake.

If she did try to use her breath, her form would distinguish in less than 5 minutes.

Truly a taxing quirk.

After about 40 minutes of practicing this specific part of her quirk, she stopped to take a break, Aspen joining her.

She had taken a water bottle from the fridge and when she finished gulping down a fourth of the bottle before Aspen wrapped it body around the cold bottle, Y/n placing the bottle down and Aspen grabbing the tip with its mouth.

At the moment, Aspen had been the size of a regular snake. Y/n couldn't exactly explain why he changed size but she guessed it depended on his mood.

"Aspen can you turn smaller?"
The snake looked at her curiously, before placing the empty bottle down.

Y/n sighed.
"It's fine. I just want to figure out how you do it so I can try doing when I'm merged with you."

The snake wrapped around Y/n's arm, resting its head on the palm of her hand.

"You're too cute."
She pet the snake as it took a rest on her hand.

Suddenly, she felt a shivering breeze go by, make her spine crawl. She saw a red feather fly past her eyes and followed it.

It flew around Y/n, going in circles before stopping on the snakes head.
"How curious."

Y/n went to pick up the feather before she felt a shadow over her head.
She quickly turned around to face an ash blond Angel with red wings.
She stared in awe as the ash blond stared down at her with a smirk on his face.

"A bit early to be training, isn't it?"

Y/n hesitated to answer, as her awe hadn't gone away just yet.

"I'm not training, just practicing."

"Same thing, isn't it?"
He shrugged as his eyes darted to the snake on Y/n's arm.

"Cute pet. But mind you, snakes are the prey of hawks."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I'm gonna be watching you, Y/n."
His eyes went back to her own.

"Why?"

"You're my pupil now. Though an unusual case since your quirk is nothing like mine, but your quirk is interesting."
He gave her a hard stare.

"Too interesting too ignore. And especially since I'm your savior I have to take responsibility for you."

"So you're babysitting me?"

"In simple terms, yeah. But I'm not gonna be a parent to you or anything. Just making sure you don't get into trouble little hebi."

Of course a guy like him wouldn't be a parent. He had other plans in mind.

——————-

Class 1-A had finally got up to meet in their home room, where Y/n had been introduced as a temporary transfer student until she could gain her hero license.

"Nice to meet you everyone, my name is Y/n."

The whole class shouted out their greetings to her, wanting to know her quirk and what it could be used for. Hawks was also in the class, as part of his duty to watch her.

"Why is the number 2 hero in our class?"
The yellow haired electric kid named kaminari asked the teacher, Aizawa.

Hawks stepped in front of the class.
"I'm here to watch over that little Hebi and make sure she doesn't cause any trouble."
He smiled at the class.

Aizawa sighed.
"Like he said. Anyways, today the rest of you are going to head to your respective heros as their assistants/sidekicks. Tokoyami, you'll be with Y/n and hawks for the day."

The class dispersed and crowded around Y/n as she tried to make her way out.

"What's your quirk?"

"Why do you have a tattoo?"

"What kind of trouble did you cause?"

Questions after questions barreled toward the poor girl, until hawks swooped in and grabbed her hand, dragging her out of the classroom, all the way outside, back at the spot he had met her this morning. Tokoyami had followed quietly.

"A bit crazy in there. Anyways, want to give me a full rundown of your abilities so I know what I'm dealing with?"

"Wouldn't the hero Ryukyu be better suited to helping me control my quirk?"

"Yeah, but she's already busy as it is and I'm the only hero who actually wanted to give you the time of day. Other heroes are afraid of you."

"What?"

"Not exactly afraid, but worried of how strong you'll become and whether you'll defect to the other side."

"The other side being the Villains?"

"Exactly. In any case, you could say I'm the only who wanted you."

"Well, that doesn't exactly make me feel good. Even if you are the number 2 hero, nobody else wanted to take the time to train me."

Y/n crossed her arms.
How pitiful.
Her first day as a temporary transfer and she's forced to work with the very hero she admired her entire life.

One day she promised herself to pay him back in full.
Him being her trainer/watcher was just adding on to her ongoing debt with him.

"I'm still here."
Tokoyami spoke up behind the hero.

"Yes I know. You're the witness, you shadowy bird."
The hero smiled at the gloomy bird.

Witness to what? Y/n and Tokoyami wondered in silence.

The hero got up to start to leave before saying,
"Come on now, we've got some training to do."