"It's just, I don't want you jumping off the roof of my palace." he said. "That will be messy. Find another rooftop to commit suicide." he continued. 

Anshu punched him on the belly. "Really lame, really really lame." She replied. 

From what Dhruv could see, the ends of her lips curled a little. Is she smiling or is she controlling not to smile? He thought. Figuring girls out is difficult. No matter how smart they seem, it's always complicated.

"What binds you?" he asked her. 

"What do you mean?" She asked back. 

"I mean… For the past few days, you are little extra aggressive, a little angrier and ticking you off is more easier. I mean you get annoyed and start to get irritated easily. No offense, but where's that Anshu who was before?" 

"You mean I have changed, that I am fighting on foolish reasons, that I am mean and arrogant?" 

"No-No! I mean when I first saw you, back in the Graham, you readily trusted everyone. You ever thought that this all was a joke or something, you never double checked any of them: Chitrakshi, Shoubdha or Karan. 

Where's that friendly and cheerful Anshu now?"

"Your family and friends give you strength. I remember mom when she used to make meals for us, when she used to sing me lullaby, I remember dad and every time we used to go to picnics as a family, him taking my side on every argument between me and Neel, no matter I was wrong or right. I remember my brother-he-he was so lost in the world. You know he had no friends, he still doesn't. He never discussed about it with anybody. Ironically, he thought if he won't tell us, we won't know, but we all did. 

But you know the fact? No matter how we lived, no matter how many hardships we had to face, we were happy. Now… Now it all seems like a dream, like nosogenic fragments of my life, like a home which will any time turn to dust. 

I-I don't know where they are, I don't know if they're safe or not, I don't even know if they're alive. 

When the demons caught mom and dad, I was in pain. But I couldn't show it. You know why? Because I am older, Neel's responsibility was in my hands. I couldn't break in front of him. So I controlled my emotions, forcing them not to come out. 

But after Neel's disappearance, it hit me hard, harder than whatever I have witnessed till now. 

Now my life feels like a fine thread, a thread which is so fragile that in a moment it will break and I will be lost!"

"Hey girl, don't be so sad." 

"You don't know how it feels, the fear of loosing the ones you love, that any second someone would announce that they're dead and your life will be nothing but misery." 

The conversation was followed by another long pause. She's frightened. Dhruv thought. She's just like what I was, years ago. 

An idea clicked his mind, really-really bad idea but he was happy that it did. The only question was, was he ready to share it? 

"You know Anshu, I lost my dad too early. Count it my bad luck, he was a king and his kingdom needed to be protected. He died in war. He used to say that fighting against a group of enemies is the best way to die. 

I lost my mom shortly after…" 

"This isn't helping! You're the worst at giving examples!" Anshu replied in a harsh and low voice. 

Dhruv didn't listen to her, he continued, "... After mom expired, I was left with a younger sister and a kingdom looking forward towards me for answers. Great that I had Choti Maa and MahaMantri with me. But when I tuned six, choti Maa left too. You know, she was a diviner. She had all that sort of futuristic visions and all, and she was never wrong. She would make whatever I wanted to eat far before I made my wish, she would forecast weather and flood and droughts. But one night she had a vision and she left the next day. All she said was that she had this vision before and by ignoring it, she had paid the price. She told us that she was finding something lost, which had power beyond eternity, which could lead to deadly war and death of millions and hence was to be protected.