27. Prince In Distress

Start from the beginning

But none of this happened. Even MahaMantri didn't know what had he told to the courtiers in his absence. 

From what MahaMantri answered, he was in a well respected position and power. The army left was literally of his own. In this way, if they would take action against him, it would result in rebellious misconducts and mascares, something they could no longer afford. ETKing had a very few army men left in terms of number, and a a fact of national security, they couldn't tend to loose more. They needed Senapathi. 

His main motive for all this was getting his hands on the throne. These were MahaMantri's last words on this topic as he revealed this secret. 

As MahaMantri finished his words, Dhruv knew something in his heart had gone. The good, loyal, Senapathi was never there. At first Dhruv didn't believe any of it nor did he want to. But a time passed, the picture seemed to clear. Slowly, he and Vaani accepted the truth and hence, started to loath him. And from what Dhruv could see, this hate was everlasting! 

"Are you even listening?" Senapathi asked in a rather irritated tone, bringing him back to reality. He was still standing in front of Senapathi, in the King's Court. It loed like Senapathi had made every other courtier quite busy, because they were there alone. 

"So, what am I called here for?" Dhruv asked as he broke the silence between them. He took special care not to show any expressions on his face, just the regular arrogant Prince one. 

"It's about that friend of yours… "

"He is not only a friend of ours, he is a citizen of this Kingdom too." 

"His family is, His parents and sister are." 

"That's kinda the samething." he said as he took his seat. 

"Children…" he whispered, "... Our soldiers looked for him in the Northern Forest too. Failure." 

"Did you look for him in the forest?" 

"Outskirts." Senapathi replied. 

"Why? I ordered you'll to look inside didn't I?" Dhruv questioned back. He remembered ordering a group of soldiers to look for him in the northern forest. This was one of the first things he did after coming back to the palace. 

"Sorry Prince, but that can't happen. No one enters the forest of lies." 

"But that was my order!" 

"I would like to ask the reasons behind these sudden search." 

"What?" 

"I would like to ask what sources you are dwelling upon for such information?" 

"What do you mean? Do you doubt me?" 

"I am not doubting you my Prince, but going to meet the people with Ash and Bone…" 

"Say it, you were spying on me." 

"I was keeping supervision. Besides, we are not investigating any more in this topic." 

"You're not the one who can pass this decision-" 

"Absolutely my child, that's the decision of the council, the courtiers." 

"What? We weren't informed of any meeting!" 

"Now that's the place where I play my role your Highness, while you people were out, I planned this emergency meeting." 

"We can't stop -" 

"Of course we can. He is presumed dead-" 

"If that's all what you're going to say, I'm not listening!" Dhruv replied to him as he tended to end the conversation. He promised Vaani Neel would be back, he had to.