Chapter 4: Weeks Later

Start from the beginning

Schwi: "Yes master?"

Y/n: "Any enemy in our vacinity?"

Schwi: "None"

Y/n: "Let's rest for a bit. We'll continue once it gets dark"

Red: "We'll fight in the dark"

Y/n: "I want us all to be able to fight during any type of terrain and time. I don't want to rely on simply fighting during an open field in the middle of the day. I want to learn how to make battle if we ever find ourselves in a cave or in a cramped space"

Schwi: "As you wish master"

Red: "I'll follow as you say master"

Y/n: "Good, then eat and rest a little"

Red: "Will you not rest aswell master?"

Y/n: "No. I'll be counting my ammo and preparing for the next stage"

I take out the ammo I have left and check out Calico.

Y/n: "Did the bullets jam it?"

I take it apart and check it out to find me answer. Two bullets were lodged inside the barrel.

Y/n: "Really? I'm guessing that happened when I shook the gun. Maybe the magazine is a little loose from the inside? The bullets must have gotten messed up when I did that"

I check the rest of the magazines through my Weaponscraft and surely enough, they all had the same problem.

Y/n: "Guess I'll have to take them to Muramasa's once we're done here. Tell him to tighten them up so this doesn't happen again"

I continue to inspect Calico before going onto Thomson's Contender next.

Y/n: "No problems aside from that.. Now, inventory count"

I put all my ammo infront of me and count it.

Y/n: "706 9mm for Calico, 65 .223, 45 being regular and 20 still poisonous, and 66 Origin Bullets"

I put them away as I check for any new skills.

Y/n: "Explosives? Like grenades? That should come in handy"

I check my stats and see that they had increased greatly.

Y/n: "Level 19. Red is level 14 while Schwi is a level 10. Seems everything is going fine so far.. 3 more weeks until the waves arrive"

I check my surroundings as the girls rest. Everything was calm.

Y/n: "It's too calm.. something isn't right"

I check everywhere but see nothing wrong. I put back Calico and keep it on me incase something happens. I ever hear some birds being scared off in the distance.

Y/n: "I thought something was off"

I look at the girls and look over to where the birds flew from. It was inside the forest, maybe about a mile in. We were out in the open field with no protection other than our weapons.

Y/n: "I should go inspect it but I can't leave them here on their own. They need rest so I won't wake them up either"

I slide down the log I was sitting on while keeping my ears perked.

Y/n: "This is such a terrible place to stay at. We need to get the hell out of here"