𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 '89

It was the day that Langston and Lauren would be going to stay with their father in Louisiana. They were supposed to already be there, but Grandma Mai wanted them to be home for Christmas and New Year's.

"Do we have to go?" Nine-year-old Lauren asked her grandmother.

Sighing she smiled weakly. "Yes you have to go. But guess what?"

"What?"

"I'll visit you every chance I get. And I'll call and write you every day." She said causing her to smile wrapping her arms around her neck.

"I love you Mama."

"I love you too baby."

—————————————————————

Langston was in his bedroom making sure he had everything he needed. He was upset about having to leave his brother and baby sister. And his friends— especially Lianna. To him it was selfish for his father to move them to an environment that they weren't familiar with.

Hearing a knock on his door, he looked up to be met with Romell, Angel, and Lianna. He chuckled nodding at them before continuing what he was doing.

"Wassup y'all."

Angel waved before sitting on the computer chair he had in the corner. Romell sat on the bed watching him, mad that his brothers and sister had to leave. Lianna stood by the door, not uttering a word.

"So how long you gon' be gone for?" Angel asked.

Langston shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Not for long, hopefully." He responds looking at Lianna.

"Hey." He called out making her look up.

"Hey."

Romell and Angel got up to leave, giving them a chance to talk. Langston nodded his head telling her to step inside of the bedroom. She sat in Romell's previous spot.

"What's the matter?"

Lianna shook her head, looking around the room. "I don't want you to leave."

He sighed getting up to sit next to her. "I don't to leave either, but I don't have much of a choice."

"Remember what I told you."

Lianna looked at him waiting for him to finish. "What?"

Langston chuckled. "Imma take you on a date when I come back."

She laughed nodding her head. "Right."

He hugged her and kissed her forehead. "I'll miss you."

Langston smiled. "Me too."

—————————————————————

After saying their goodbyes, The Jones family made their way to the airport to see Lauren and Langston off.

"Stop crying Ren." Romell told her, hugging her.