Chapter 21: A New Dilemma

POV: 3rd

The group had returned to where the settlement once was, only to find a field of rubble. They began to search and call out his name. Eventually, a hand erupted not too far from them. "Over there!" Maria called out to the group, causing them to rush over and help dig the spartan out.

"What happened to getting to Argus?" Six asked

Yangs eyes were red as she clenched her fists to try to stop shaking. "You just brought an entire settlement down on yourself! You could've died!"

Six stood up and stretched his limbs. "I can shrug off falls from space. How would THIS hurt me?"

"Fair point" Yang replied as she looked away.

Maria looked at Ruby and Six. "Your eyes, what color are they?"

"They're silver. How do you know?" Ruby asked

Six rolled his eyes. "I think the answer's pretty obvious Rubes."

Maria nodded in agreement. "Why, I had silver eyes."

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you loose them?" Six asked

Everyone looked to the old woman as she sighed. "I was careless, I let my guard down and gave those who ambushed me the upper hand... That was the day I left my title of The Grimm Reaper."

Qrow immediately spat out a sip of liquor from his flask. "YOU'RE THE GRIMM REAPER?!?"

Six raised an eyebrow as everyone got into the warthog, him taking the drivers seat. "There something special about that?"

Qrow shot a glare at the spartan. "You are in the presence of a LEGEND! Show the woman some respect!"

Six started to drive to Argus. "I am, not my fault you're a fanboy." This sentence was enough to get the kids to laugh, even getting Maria to smile and let out a chuckle. Qrow however simply huffed and looked away.

About half an hour passed before Ruby got a call on her scroll. Seeing it was Jaune, she answered it. "Hello... I don't know. Hey Onyx, how close are to Argu-"

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived at Argus" he answered as they passed a welcoming sign. "Please keep all hands and feet within the vehicle at all times. To the left you see some beautiful rolling hi-..." Six's sentence trailed off as he slowed the large vehicle to a halt.

Everyone looked where he set his sight, but Blake was the only one to speak. "Hey, is that a-"

"Yang, take the wheel" Six interrupted as he climbed out. Yang gave a nod and jumped out to do so, taking the rest to Argus. Six spawned himself a mongoose and drove to his destination.

"What was THAT about?" Weiss asked

"It looked like something from his past" Blake replied. "He's probably checking to see if there's anything worth salvaging.

"Well whatever he finds better be able to help in OUR fight" Yang remarked.

Once he arrived to his destination he started looking along the sides of the landmark. Eventually he found what he was looking for, a metal door. Six reached out to touch it, but the door opened before he even could. It revealed a dark interior, lights flashed along the walls on the floor as if to lead the spartan somewhere. Seeing no other option, he followed.

His hands ran along the metal walls as distant memories began to play in his head. Eventually he came into a room with multiple pods, all empty except for one covered in frost. Six walked up to the frozen pod and was about to wipe some from the glass window when a familiar voice fell to his ears. "I do know how to pick'em." The spartan turned to see the hologram of an all too familiar AI hovering over a nearby terminal. The hologram had her arms crossed and leaned on her hip as she looked at him. "Did you miss me?"

Hey everyone! I know I said I was back and I apologize that I'm not. I won't make any promises to be back simply because life loves to kick me down. I will however work on this whenever I can, so my other books will probably be on pause until I get this series done. Thanks for understanding and have a great day!