Prologue: A beginning Journey.

(I don't own any of these Characters of Miraculous Ladybug these belong to the creators of Zag animation and works of Thomas Astruc)

Marinette's POV: Four Months Ago:

It's been four years since I had the honor of protecting Paris along with my partner Chat Noir. We were just about to finish our daily routine of patrol when I saw a flash of light coming from the bottom of the Eiffel Tower.
Paparazzi.
Just great.

We both leapt forward towards the Eiffel Tower for more privacy.

"Before you go home, I want to tell you something..."

I looked at him in confusion. Why is he serious all of a sudden?

"Go on." I ushered him. "What is it?"

He looked hesitant at first as if he was unsure on what to say. From what I can tell, he looked afraid? Nervous? Possibly both?

"It's been four years since when we both became superheroes." He began. "During the time we spent together, I've realized some things."

I froze.
Don't tell me. He doesn't mean-

"Ladybug." He reached for my hand.

"Chat..." I blinked nervously not knowing what to do. "What are you doing?"

Without a word, I felt my heart drop.

"I love you!" He confessed. I saw tints of pink color beneath his mask.

My eyes widen in disbelief. I've always thought Chat Noir would grow out of his admiration for me as we got older. But clearly...I was wrong.

"Please." I begged. "It's getting late and I need to go home-" I began, but he continued.

"Ladybug." He pleaded as he pulled out a small red box.

I shook my head. "No!"

I slapped his hand out of instinct. The red box fell with a loud thud onto the floor.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I repeated.

I shook my head as I felt my eyes start to swell up with tears.  "I can't."

Right there in that moment, I regretted my choice of words. And forever I will always regret.
.
.
.

I headed straight towards my bed that night. All I remembered how fast my tears fell down as Tikki tried to comfort me as much as she can.

"I feel so awful." I cried out. "The way his face looked-"

"Try to calm down Marinette," Tikki said as she flew to the bathroom to get me a box of tissues.

I gripped tightly onto my pillows as I closed my eyes remembering how Chat Noir looked like as I left him.

Chat Noir. My friend. My partner. My other half.

His eyes were empty and hollow. I gripped my chest as I stumbled into my bathroom. I completely ruined our friendship.

"I'm a horrible person." I groaned as I threw up my dinner.

Tikki grabbed a tissue and wiped my vomit off of me.

"What happens now?" I looked into the mirror. "Will everything be okay?"