The minute the light hit the darkness, the darkness evaporated. Rachel screamed out in pain before bringing the power back into her, collapsing to the ground. Blair slowly sat up, looking over at Rachel in shock.

Dick jumped off the ground, rushing over towards her, "Rachel!"

"Stay back." Rachel warned, standing up off the ground.

Blair stood up, holding out a hand to help Gar off the ground, both of them keeping an eye on Rachel and Dick the few feet away from them. After a few seconds, Rachel turned around with a forced smile, "I'm fine."

"You sure?" Dick asked, uncertainty in his voice. Rachel nodded, slowly standing up straighter.

"Did I hurt you?" Kory asked, staring over at her with an expression mixed with shock and concern.

"I just- I just need a little more practice, that's all." Rachel responded shakily, taking a few small steps back towards the group. Blair moved forward, taking her gently by the arm. Rachel immediately leaned into her as they walked the rest of the way together.

"So, uh, we all did our thing." Gar spoke up, breaking the silence as he looked over at Dick. "What's your thing, man?"

"I can keep you alive." Dick said simply, not offering any explanation beyond that.

Kory and Gar turned to face Blair, Rachel still leaning against her. She looked between them, "Oh, I'm like him."

"Meaning..." Gar waved his hands, silently asking for a demonstration.

Blair sighed as Rachel let go of her, moving to stand a little ways away from the group, "Dick, come at me."

"What?" He shook his head quickly. "No."

Blair rolled her eyes, "Just do it."

Dick sighed before rushing at her. He tackled her to the ground easily, but before he could declare victory, she kicked up, shaking her head in disappointment that he forgot how to pin her down. He sat up, hissing in pain before she jumped up, flipping him onto his back.

She looked over at the group, placing her boot on the small of Dick's back. They all looked at her in surprise, Kory hiding a laugh when Dick let out a string of fancy curse words, "I can do shit like this. Any questions?"

********

Blair leaned against the wall outside the motel, listening to Jason's new voicemail, playing with her necklace. She had listened to it three times already, each time the pain of missing him growing like a pit in the bottom of her stomach.

She started the voicemail again, walking out to the parking lot just to move around. If she wasn't currently trying to focus on keeping Rachel and Gar safe, she would've broken down by the minivan.

"Blair! Hey!" Rachel and Gar's voices called to her from across the parking lot. She stopped the message, looking up to see them waving her over to the small picnic table they were sitting at.

Putting a smile on her face, she shoved her phone into her back pocket, walking over to them. She took a seat next to Gar, putting her hands in her jacket pockets to keep warm as Rachel looked down at her as she was sitting on the table top, "Who were you just on the phone with?"

"I wasn't." Blair answered honestly. "Just listening to voicemails."

Gar nudged her lightly with his knee, "You gotta boyfriend back home?"

Rachel immediately started laughing, making Blair smile as she looked back at the boy next to her, trying to figure out how to explain Jason, "Umm, I have someone back home. I can't say if he's my boyfriend or not. It's kinda complicated."