"Put yourself in his way." Thomas quietly warns his daughter as she pours him some more wine. Anne stays silent with an obedient nod, before moving to another table. 

"Well this certainly isn't what I had in mind.." Anne sighs as she joins the same table that Arabelle is serving on.

"I would much rather be over there." Arabelle looks towards the dancefloor, which is accompanied by many Lords and Ladies, as well as Princess Mary and Charles V.

"Indeed." Anne smiles, looking over but the smile soon fades as she gains eye contact with her father, whom shoots her a glare. "Well, I best help fill some more bellies." She holds up her steel carton full of wine with a forced smile, and with that, she walked away.

Brandon, Knivert and Compton all sat together, watching over the scenes taking place. "The least Henry could have done is invite some women that are interesting to look at." William groans, causing the other two men to smirk.

"I don't think his intentions when sending out invitations were to impress you Compton." Anthony shoves him slightly.

A clutter shakes the table as Arabelle places down the wine carton, causing the three men to look at her. "Would you look at that?" William grins, referring to his earlier comment, earning a scowl from Charles.

"Sir William. Sir Anthony. Your Grace." Arabelle bows lightly, "Would you like a re-fill?"

"You can fill me up anytime-" Compton charms. It was obvious the blonde man had drank too much wine at this point.

"We would be very grateful, Lady Stafford." Knivert cuts him off with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you, my Lady." Charles dips his head slightly as she fills their cups.

"Do you want Henry Stafford to put a sword through that stupid head of yours?" Anthony turns to William as soon as Arabelle leaves.

"I've already conquered one Stafford girl. I'll happily take another." William lifts up his cup with a smirk and drinks from it. The others knew different. William was deeply in love with Anna Stafford and had been since the day he met her but she blamed him. She blamed all of them for the downfall of her father and evidently, his death.

"And look how that turned out." Charles remarks. "I swear you didn't show up to court for a week out of fear of Edward's wrath."

"Oh shut up." Compton rolls his eyes. "You're just jealous that you can't play the game how you used to, 'Your Grace'." He mocks.

"Games are for children." Charles snaps back but deep down he knew. He knew that William was telling nothing but the truth. He didn't know how to speak to women, romantically or platonically after the death of his late wife. Charles Brandon had lost his womanising ways.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■ ■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

"I should imagine that was a fun interaction." Anne greets Arabelle in passing, a smirk upon her thin lips as her blue eyes direct towards the table holding Brandon, Compton and Knivert.

"Hardly." Arabelle scoffs. "Sir William has drank enough to cover this whole entire charade."

"Maybe you're just jealous." Anne teases. "Everyone is enjoying themselves but us."