Reacquainted

6th June 1521, Whitehall Palace

Not even a week later, Arabelle had been ordered back to court whilst her Father was able to take some time out at Thornbury Castle. She suspected that the King thought he at least owed him the luxury of some personal space for the time he spent in the Towers. Arabelle was finally being introduced to  after being announced as a new lady in waiting for Queen Cathérine her Majesty.

"My Lady, this is Arabelle Stafford." Arabelle was introduced within the small amount of time she arrived back at court. She bowed in front of her Queen and the other ladies before her.

"Welcome Lady Arabelle." Cathérine had a warm tone through her strong Spanish accent. "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." A soft smile formed on the Queen's lips.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Arabelle bows again as the Queen nods for her rise. Catherine really was a beautiful Queen, with her deep blue eyes and long dark hair. She had a aura that was so motherly, it was hard not to like her within the first few minutes of meeting her highness.

"I am sure Lady Elizabeth has helped you with your new chamber." Cathérine continues with the same gentle smile, "You know your Mother's uterine sister used to be a Lady for me?"

"My Aunt Anne?"

"Yes" Cathérine replies. "She was a good gracious lady, much like I hear your mother was"

"That is kind to hear, Your Majesty." Arabelle beams at the thought of her now passed family.

"It is a great sadness that the world has lost such virtuous women but they will always be in your heart." The Queen places a hand over the cross around her neck.

"You are too kind, Your Majesty." Arabelle bows again.

"I hear you are fluent in many languages." Queen  Cathérine continues, "Or so my husband says but truth is, I am unsure if he even knows if there is more than one language." A chuckle escapes her lips, and Arabelle could tell it was probably the first time she had laughed in a while.

"Yes." Arabelle laughs softly along with the Queen. "The King is correct, I am fluent in French, Latin and Spanish although my Spanish is not nearly as good as my French."

"So you have had the education of a Princess?" She questions.

"I would not compare myself to a Princess, Your Majesty." Arabelle suddenly began to feel nervous discussing her luxurious upbringing, one that many loathed her for. "Though my Father insisted that I was to have a good education and he ensured that French court would do that for me."

"You are too modest, Lady Arabelle." The Queen returns to her soft smile. "Though, truly, I have longed for somebody to speak Spanish with. I am sure you know that my Spanish maids had to leave some time ago."

"It would be a pleasure, Your Majesty." Arabelle replied with a grin. The Queen seemed to like the Stafford girl and that was all Arabelle needed. The King and Queen on her side.