"It's nothing. It was just a nightmare," you pant, still trying to take in the fact that they were safe. You rest your forehead against his chest as Trinity shuffled around with something you can't see because your dads body is blocking it. He holds you in his arms, reassuring you that everything was fine.

Eventually you pull away, and he releases you from his embrace. You look down at your wrist, checking the time on the scratched up watch on your wrist. It was almost 11 at night, which meant you had been asleep for almost 4 hours if Sonya had started the movie at 6:30. You look around and realize Sonya and Newt are nowhere to be found.

"Hey where are they," you ask, but mentally facepalm at the question. Where else would they be other than back at their house?

"They left a few hours ago," Trinity says in her sweet voice, walking over to you with a steaming cup of tea in her hands. She passes it to you, and you almost chug it down, not realizing how thirsty you were.

"Ya that boy of yours is pretty sweet. He carried you up to your room after you fell asleep," your dad smirks at you, and your cheeks practically burst into flames.

"So are you ok," Trinity asks once you set your cup down, repeating your fathers words, but you know she isn't talking about your red cheeks.

A shuddering breath escapes your lips as you stare into your sisters eyes. The eyes that meant almost everything to you. The eyes that you had seen tears fall out of, that you were the only one who was able to ease them. The eyes of the little girl who looked up to you. The eyes of your little sister.

You crouch down, wrapping your arms around her tightly just like you had earlier today. "I'm fine," you whisper in her ear as she hugs her arms around your shoulders. Her grip tightens as continue to hold her, her calm inhales and exhales tickling your neck.

After a minute you pull away from her arms, standing back up and tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. "So I'm assuming I missed dinner," you joke, looking at the counters to see them cleared off, and the pots sitting on an old worn out towel to dry.

"Ya we didn't know if you would sleep through the night, but we made some garlic bread," your father says, opening a cabinet and pulling out a small foil covered tray. He pulls the foil off to reveal half a loaf of garlic bread, the small green specks of garlic visible on the pale white bread.

"Thanks dad," you smile at him, pulling the next slice from the loaf and taking a bite of the flavorful goodness. You moan dramatically, making your sister giggle. "You made this didn't you," you accuse sarcastically, smiling down at your little sister. She nods her head, a proud look on her face. "Well that would explain why it tastes so good," you compliment, making her cheeks turn red as she hangs her head down, an embarrassed smile on her face. Your father chuckles, patting you on the shoulder before letting a long dramatic yawn come from his mouth.

"Welp girls I think it's bedtime," he says, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Awww," Trinity whines, a pout forming on her lips.

"Hey how about this," you tell her, stuffing the last bite of garlic bread in your mouth and swallowing. "If you go to bed right now," you put emphasis on the words, "I'll take you to my job tomorrow, and we might even go on a walk with Newt and Sonya. How does that sound?"

"Ok good night," she screeches, running out of the kitchen and running up the stairs, the stomps echoing through the house. You and your dad chuckle as he ushers you up the stairs and to your room.

"Goodnight sweetheart," he tells you sweetly before turning into his room and closing the door. You walk into your room, keeping it barely cracked open just in case Trinity needs you sometime during the night. You surround yourself in the large bundle of your light blue quilt, laying back and resting your head on your pillow.