I smiled as I quickly typed out my response. Just got out of the shower so it may be a little longer than ten minutes; is that alright?

Her agreement came moments later and I quickly changed into some comfortable clothes, grateful that I didn't have to work today. After putting on some mascara and eyeliner, I decided I looked decent enough for the rest of the world to see me and grabbed my keys, racing out of the apartment.

The nearest coffee shop was thankfully only two minutes away so it didn't take very long to get there, and as I pulled into the parking lot I immediately spotted Thalia's car.

She stepped out of her car as I put mine into park and as I got out she was giving me an odd look. "Are you alright? You look tired."

I nodded before running my hand through my hair to get a knot out. "I just had some difficulties sleeping last night."

"Did you have that dream again?" She asked nervously, her eyes laced with concern.

"Yeah, only this time it changed a little bit," I said as we walked towards the café.

"Changed?" She paused and tilted her head slightly as her brow furrowed. "What do you mean, changed?"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Why do you look so worried all of a sudden?"

"Well when you have a recurring dream for nearly two weeks straight and then something new pops up, that means something's different," Thalia said quickly as she reached for the door. "And that can be cause for concern. Why didn't you text me?"

"It's just a dream, Thal," I laughed, though my stomach twisted slightly as I remembered the voice calling my name.

I thought I heard her mutter something about hope but I ignored it as I looked up at the menu. I didn't even know why I did, I always ordered the same thing. Thalia was oddly quiet though as we waited and while I tried to convince myself that it was just because it was still early in the morning, I knew she was coming up with questions to ask me.

Ever since I started having these dreams, Thalia had become interested in them and would ask odd questions about how the dreams made me feel and things like that. She was especially curious about how I felt after waking up, which was always the same: exhausted.

"So," She started quietly as we sat down in the corner seats away from the other people on the patio. "What was different about this one?"

I looked out to the parking lot and sighed. "You know how before it was always just me walking through some weird cavern?"

She nodded, a hard look taking over her expression.

"Well, this time I heard a voice." I took a quick drink and went on: "And then when I turned around to try and find the source of it, I saw a small light that was at the end of the cavern. It was so far away, but I felt drawn to it."

Thalia shifted in her seat, chewing on the inside of her cheek. I couldn't tell if she was trying to come up with a question or not but after a few moments of silence from her I decided she wasn't going to ask one and continued.

"I went towards it, and the closer I got the redder the light became," I said. "It was odd, but then there was also this figure standing in the middle of what I assumed was the entrance."

"Did you see who it was?" She asked quickly.

"No," I answered. "I couldn't see them because of the light behind them; it was casting a shadow over their face but they held out a hand to me and I woke up just before I got to them."

She frowned and took a drink, looking down at the table. I looked back out towards the road this time, watching the passing cars and sighing as the voice from my dream echoed slightly.