"Sure, I will stop by later at the office" I promise him.

"Alright Sydney enjoy your day off" he replies before we hang up. I am free.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

At last. At first I was a little worried that Jordan was going to try to call me into work on my day off. I felt happy that was not the case at all. I head down to the beach after I get my towel and my flip flops on.

Then I feel a rush of excitement as I head down to the beach. I get ready for my swim. I set my stuff down in the sand. Then head closer to the waters.

"Finn?" I call out softly so I do not attracted someone else to Finn around me. Nothing. I look out around me hoping to see him.

"Sydney! Hey!" I hear Finn call out to me. He is further out in the waves already. He is smiling from ear to ear and waving at me now. I wave back. I rush into the waters.

"I have the day off today!" I tell him with excitement. "That means I can spend the whole day with you. I mean if you want me to" I offer my company as he makes his way closer to me.

"Of course I do. Did you get to tell your Mother that you were moving down here with us?" he asks me. I tell him everything these days. He was so easy to talk to. Guilt sets in about my Mother. I hoped she would not be to mad at me when I made the final move here.

"No not yet. I will!" I promise Finn. He smiles.

"I am happy you are moving here" he replies.

"I am too. I have met you. My friend at work. And my Gram is here. Life is pretty good to me right now" I say happily.

"Want to go with me to the cave? I am a little worried there are more fishermen out today. It has been the same crew that once caught me the last time. They are not out fishing for fish" he worries.

"Finn are you going to be alright? I do not want to put your life in danger in anyway" I worry.

"You are not. I would come see you even if I was in danger. They cannot keep me from seeing you Sydney. I care about you a lot" he says softly. He smiles.

"I care about you to Finn. I do not want them catching you. Who knows what will happen if they did" I say shuddering at the thought of them catching poor Finn.

"They will never catch me. I am a fast swimmer" he replies to reassure me. I smile.

"I hope you are right" I worry.

"I know I am. Want to go to the cove?" he offers.

"Sure" I agree.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

I had wanted to talk to him more about the pirates. See if Jordan was telling the truth somehow. And see if he was really related to the pirate that had tried to harm Finn's family.

"Come hop on my back. Let's go" Finn tells me cheerfully. I hop on his back. My arms go around his neck. Soon we are swimming in the ocean blue. The day was warm. Bright and sunny out. Just amazing.

"We are nearly there. Hold your breath and hang on to me" he reminds me sternly. I nod. "Take a deep breath" he says.

Then we go under water once again. Swim below the sunken ship. To the cove. Our little spot. Then we come up to the cove at last. Our safe heaven. I gasp for air. I was getting better at holding my breath longer now.

"You alright Syd?" he worries.

"Just fine" I giggle as I brush my wet bangs out of my eyes. He helps lift me on the rock again. "This place is pretty" I remark as I get another look around us. He smiles as he leans on the rock and looks up at me.

"I have something for you" he suddenly says to me.

"You did not have to get me anything" I tell him.

"My Mother gave this to me a long time ago. Before she passed away. She wanted me to save this. And give this to someone I care about. She said I would know when the time was right. And when to give it to someone. And who" he explains to me.

He ducks under the water for a moment leaving me sitting there. Then he comes back up.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Your Mother gave you this. Finn, you do not have to give me anything. We are friends. And I care for you. Friendship does not need things to prove that" I mention. This was something serious. I did not want Finn to get into trouble with his Father for giving a human a family memento.

"I have no one else I want to give this to, it is for you" he demands in a serious tone. I look to see what he has. He has a simple clip. A hair clip. It was a pretty little seashell. Shiny pink. It had a little white pearl in the middle. "This is a clam that never finished growing. This pearl. It was found by my Father. He tried to save this little pearl. Back when my parents thought they could not bare kids. The pearl did not make it. My Father was grief stricken over this simple pearl's death. Then Mother found she was going to have me. The oldest" he explains to me as he places the pearl into my hair. Clipping my bangs out of my eyes.

"Now they had me. This pearl reminds them of hope. Hope of life. And never to give up on life. That each life has meaning" he tells me.

"That is a beautiful story, are you sure Finn that I should have this?" I manage to ask feeling so touched he wanted me to have this pearl. I would treasure this gift always.

"Yes I am sure of it. You are the one I care for. You get this pearl as hope that our life and time together will keep growing. Even though this pearl did not grow. Our relationship will. Hold on to hope" he says softly. I grin.

"I will hold onto hope" I vow to him. He smiles at me. His gaze does not leave mine. My heart begins to beat faster.

"Finnagen! There you are!" we hear someone say suddenly nearly giving me a heart attack. A mermaid pops up in the water. "Your Father has everyone searching all over the seas for you! I should have known you would be here" she snaps. She notices me. "What do we have here" she grumbles looking unpleased to see me there.

"Crystal this is Sydney. Sydney this is Crystal" mumbles Finn. He did not look happy to see this Crystal. Crystal was not pleased to see me here with Finn. That was clear.

"Hello pleased to meet you" I manage to find my words.

"What are you doing with a human FINN? Your Father would kill you if he knew you were here with a human! And what is she doing with Pearl?" she snaps.

"I do not have to explain my actions to you" he snaps back at her.

"Pearl is for someone who has won your heart Finnagen. Your heart was promised to me. Or have you forgotten about our engagement. Have you told this human you have been running away from our wedding? That you are arranged to be wedded to me?" she demands angrily.

Finn was to be married? To another. Of his kind. I was just in the way?

                                 ♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|