"These people weren't killed with some common acid." Bruce explained. "They were killed with hydrofluoric acid, the calling card of the Maroni crime family and the same acid used to burn the ropes the night Mary and John Grayson died."

Jason let out a low whistle, "Dick Grayson's parents."

"I'm confused." River said, his eyes darting between the screen and the photos.

Jason snorted, "Shocker."

"Why send them to Robin and not Dick Grayson?" River asked, ignoring Jason's comment. "If this is supposed to be some kind of message, wouldn't that make more sense?"

Bruce didn't respond, he just logged into the server from which he used to track both Jason and Blair whenever he needed to find one of them quickly. Jason blinked in surprise as he typed in Dick's name, "You still have him on the GPS?"

A small blinking dot popped up on the screen labeled with Dick's name alongside Blair's own signal. They seemed to be in the middle of nowhere Illinois... not Detroit, Michigan. Jason stared at the blinking dots in confusion, wondering why they were in a completely different state than Blair had said she was going to be in.

River leaned in closer to see the location before raising an eyebrow at Jason, "I thought you said they were in Michigan."

"Do me a favor and just shut the fuck up." Jason said, narrowing his eyes in River's direction.

"Jason, go pack a bag and come back down here to get your suit." Bruce ordered, gathering all the photos up to put in the folder again. "I'm putting you on a plane."

Jason turned to face him in confusion, "You don't think we can handle this here?"

"Dick knows more people from the circus than we do. Besides, you've been trying to find a loophole to Blair's note since she left." Bruce gave him a knowing look, holding out the folder for him to take. "Here it is."

********

Jason threw his bedroom door open, immediately dragging his backpack out from underneath his bed. Popchik lifted his head from his spot at the foot of his bed before going back to sleep. Jason threw the backpack onto the bed, moving to his dresser to grab clothes. In just a few short hours, he was going to see Blair again. He was going to see Blair and meet Dick Grayson.

"Need help?" A voice asked from the doorway behind him.

Jason jumped, turning around to see River leaning against the entry way, "Fucking hell, you're worse than Popchik, you know that?"

"Sorry." River shrugged as Jason turned back around, shoving the clothes into his backpack. "I'm serious though, do you want help?"

Jason laughed in disbelief, turning to look at him, "Why would I-"

Suddenly, what he was packing for hit him hard. He sank down to his bed, looking down at his shoes. He was going to see Blair, the same girl that he kissed just a few days ago, the one that left in the middle of the night, leaving a note behind in her place. He still had no idea why she had left other than her vague excuse of "needing to figure things out." But what things? Would she even want to see him? After all, she hadn't even answered his calls or texts.