"I know." River nodded. "Alfred told me."

"Then why are you here?" He snapped, unable to help himself. If Blair wasn't there, it only seemed fair that River disappeared to. But this was real life and real life sucked.

"I promised to help Alfred with your injuries and the coms." River reminded him, peeking himself off the wall.

"Yeah, you promised Blair. Who isn't here. So you can go now." Jason pushed past him, walking to the training area, shoving his bruised hand into his pocket to avoid having to deal with River any longer.

"What happened?" The other boy asked, following him through the cave. Jason let out a loud annoyed sigh. It was just his luck that River didn't take the hint. Without Blair as a buffer in between them, he couldn't be sure that he wouldn't kill him. "Did you finally tell her how you feel and she turned you down?"

Jason scoffed, "No, that was you dipshit."

"Did you tell her how you feel?"

"Let's get one thing fucking clear, man." He snapped finally, turning around to fix River with a piercing glare. "You and I are not close enough friends for you to be asking me shit like that."

River looked Jason up and down, raising an eyebrow, "We're friends?"

"No, you're right." Jason turned back around, starting to walk again. "We're not so fuck off and leave me alone."

He walked over to where Bruce sat at the computer, the contents of the folder spread out across the desk top. He was expecting to see police reports or something equally as unhelpful to the case, but what he saw was something much, much worse. "Jesus fucking Christ, these are creepy as shit."

"Do you recognize any of these people?" Bruce asked, sliding the photos over to him to study better.

Jason picked up one of the photos, studying the body in the picture. He was sure he didn't know who it was, who any of them were, but with the damage done to their faces, he actually really couldn't tell.

"Shit, what did that?" River exclaimed, looking over his shoulder at the photo. Jason handed him the photo, picking up another one, flipping it over to read the name. An unfamiliar name. "Some type of acid?"

Bruce drummed his fingers on the desk thoughtfully as he repeated River's words to himself, "Acid."

"I don't know any of these people." Jason said finally, setting the photos back down on the desk. "Why would this freak send these to Gotham PD for me?"

Bruce turned around facing the screens, typing in the names of the victims into the computer's database. Jason had asked Alfred if it was illegal once, seeing as they pretty much had government level access to everyone's private files and background. Alfred hadn't given him a straight answer, just something about serving the greater good.

"Because they think you're someone else." Bruce said finally, pointing to the details by each of their names.

"They all worked at Haly's Circus together?" Jason read aloud after finding the common denominator between them. "Why does that name sound so fucking familiar?"

The sound of the keys typing again filled the cave as everyone waited in silence. Within seconds, an article from almost fifteen years ago popped up on the screen. Jason read the headline, the name Grayson sticking out at him.