Ch.3 Lost

I woke up with a smile on my face, I'd been dreaming I was with my mom and Liam in our new house. I gasped as I realized that it was just a dream and sat up in the bed. Wait, bed? How did I get in bed? How did I get out of the woods? Was that also a dream? A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts.

"May I come in?" a gruff voice asked.

I stared at the door a little scared to answer. Where was I? How had I gotten here, was my mom and Liam here too? Were they hurt? When I didn't answer he slowly opened the door and walked in.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Ummm, I didn't say you could come in," I said shyly, and a bit annoyed.

He raised an eyebrow and smiled at me. My eyes widened in shock at his blue-green ocean eyes, matched with his midnight hair he was quite handsome. I blushed and looked away.

"Well, since this is my house, I assumed I could go wherever I wanted to, but maybe I'm wrong?" he questioned with a chuckle.

His house? I glanced around, better taking in my surroundings. It was definitely a bedroom, not a hospital like I'd expected.

My eyes came to rest in the middle of the room where he stood, "Are my mom and son here too?" I asked anxiously. He tilted his head to the side, curious.

"Aren't you concerned about how you got here?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No, not at the moment. I just want to know where they are and if they're okay."

He sighed and looked out the window, he almost seemed sad. I followed his gaze, it was dark outside.

"You were alone when I found you in the woods. I do have some questions about that though," there was a slight bit of command to his voice, like answering his questions wasn't optional.

I bit my lip trying to hold back my tears, "Are you sure I was alone?"

"Yes, I'm sure," he said apologetically.

Where were they? Did they die in the accident? Did they get lost searching for me? Or, were they still out there somewhere hurt? I had to convince myself Liam was with my mom, and wherever they were, they were okay. And I would find them. If I didn't, I'd go insane.

"Thanks for bringing me here. May I ask what your name is?" I asked.

He smiled softly at me before answering, "My name is Alec, and yours?"

"Elena," I said with a smile, he blinked a couple of times then looked away quickly.

I tilted my head confused and looked up at him, was he blushing? I quietly giggled to myself. He turned to look at me with a hint of blush still on his cheeks. He opened his mouth to say something but there was a knock at the door. He frowned and went to open it.

"Alp-" a small voice started but was quickly cut off.

"What do you want?" Alec growled at the unknown intruder.

"I-I just wanted to give this to the Lu—... I mean... her."

I slowly got up to try and figure out what was going on but the room started spinning. I patiently waited for the room to stop moving then walked to the door. Alec was blocking the way.

Since there was no way around him and I didn't have the energy or the strength to push him away from the door at that moment, I frowned and tapped him shyly on the shoulder, "Excuse me."

He looked back over his shoulder at me and blushed. Then he moved over slightly, just enough for me to see who was on the other side of the threshold.