Not Fair

When I walked into the house it was dark with rose petals and candles burning everywhere. It was a real romantic set up. When I got to the dining room I saw Brandon sitting at the table looking pitiful. His tie was loosened and he looked like a sad puppy. One thing I did notice was the glass of brown liquor that sat right in front of him. I wanted to turn around, but I couldn't move.

"Where were you?" He asked getting up from the chair, walking towards me.

"Dinner's in the microwave enjoy your night." He said and walked out of the dining room. I didn't move until I heard the bedroom door slam.

It's funny that now that the shoe was on the other foot and he was begging me that he couldn't take it. I really laughed because he thought blackmailing me would have put our marriage back together. I shook my head ask warmed up the chicken Alfredo with broccoli. It was late, but I was hungry.

I decided to sit in the living room and watch some TV. I didn't want to think about my life, so I watched cartoons. Anything else had too much drama. Apparently I dozed off on the couch because the next thing I knew Brandon was shaking me awake.

"What, Brandon?" I asked not opening my eyes.

"We have to go. D just called and said he had to rush Bre to the hospital."

"What?" I yelled and jumped off the couch so fast.

"Come on, they're already there."

As we drove to the hospital I prayed that God would heal her. I know she'd done dirt, but I didn't want anything bad to happen to her. I had no tears to cry for her, but I almost my lip off and I couldn't stop shaking. When we got to the hospital and found D I ran up to him and hugged him. Peyton was laid out on some chairs sleep.

"What happened, man?" Brandon asked him looking concerned.

"You know I told you she lost the baby earlier? She was doing ok, but by ten or so she had a slight fever. She went to sleep and at like one I woke up to her sweating and blood everywhere." He said tearing up.

"Did they say what the problem was?" I asked picking up Peyton since she woke up and was looking around at everyone.

"No. I've been waiting to hear from the doctor again." He said and sat in the chair with his hands his head. "I can't lose her, y'all. I love her so much. I just don't know-"

"She's going to be okay, D." Brandon pat his back and sat next to him.

Derrick had just finished praying when the doctor came down the hall. We stood up as he approached and braced ourselves for the news.

"Mr. Smith, your wife had some complications that stemmed from her miscarriage. An infection set up in her system, which caused the vomiting and fever. We've got her set up on antibiotics and taken care of the bleeding. She's going to be fine. She'll be here for a few days, though."

Derrick let out a huge breath and said, "Thank you so much doctor." He shook the doctor's hand and asked if he could go see her. The doctor left and Derrick grabbed Peyton and kissed her.

"Derrick go see Bre. We'll take Peyton home and bring her back in the morning." I said taking her when she reached for me.

"You sure?" He asked eyeing us both. We nodded and he said, "Okay. Just call me if you need anything."

"Camille has this. Go check on your wife. We'll see you later." Brandon said giving him a man hug.

It was after five in the morning when we got home. Peyton fell asleep during the ride so I just went to the guest room and laid down with her. She was two and had the prettiest dimples. The perfect mix of D and Bre she looked like a little doll. I couldn't wait to be a mother and have a daughter of my own that looked like me.

When we got up we went to the hospital with balloons and flowers for Bre. When we got in the room Bre was sitting up and Peyton wanted her mommy.

"Hey Suga. Hey Cammy." Bre smiled as Derrick took her and let her hug and kiss Peyton.

"Hey you. How are you feeling?" I asked sitting in a rocking chair by her bed.

"I feel a little better. Thank God." She said poking at her IV.

"Hey, since Camille is here I'm going to take Peyton to my sister's and swing by the office real quick." He said picking Peyton up.

"Derrick, you're leaving?" Bre asked pouting.

"I'll be back in like an hour, hour and a half tops." He kissed her and walked out.

"So what happened?" I asked once I was sure he was gone.

"This wasn't supposed to happen. I had a bad reaction to the pill. Everyone's experience is different. I thought I was dying." She said taking a sip of water.

"You could've, Bre. I'm just glad you're okay." I said and grabbed my phone to check my emails.

We sat there for about thirty minutes watching TV when a comfortable silence settled in. I was just keeping her company until Derrick got back from the office.

"Camille, I know you're in a tight spot, but thanks for not saying anything."

"Bre, this is hard. It's not fair to me. You're cheating on your husband and you just aborted Trent's baby-"

We didn't hear the door open, but we both turned our heads towards the door when we heard, "You did what?"

*************************************

Second update today. Just know that I wrote this instead of crocheting hand warmers. LOL. So I'll be freezing, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter, loves.

Special shout out to one of my supporters and motivators, tanbdavis! Her comments make me want to write. Thank you, doll! I'm doing shot outs because y'all help me think and dig a little deeper. She's not the only one getting a shout out you're next!

***Vote, Comment, Share***