Four

Five years later...

Current year: Late 2014

(Dan's POV)

  "It's time for the Sexy Endscreen Dance...click here to subscribe to my channel!" I said, pointing at the front of my jeans while slowly moving my hips in circles. It always felt weird showing that to the four million people that watch my videos, but it was my custom so I had to do it.

  I turned off my camera, and looked behind me to find Phil grinning like an idiot. I blushed a light pink and couldn't help but laugh. "What are you grinning at?!" I laughed, which only made him laugh, too.

  "I finish a video and then come in to check on you, only finding that you're circling your hips in front of the camera. And must I say, it was quite enjoyable to watch." He said, winking and getting up from the bed, casually strolling out of the room.

  "Hey, Phil?" I called, running after him and grabbing his arm to stop him. He stopped and turned to look at me. "Yes Dan?"

  I immediately let go of his arm and looked down at the floor, blushing lightly. "I hear it's ought to be cold tonight. C-can I sleep with you...?" I asked, but I knew I was about to face rejection.

  "Of course, Dan. You're welcome anytime!" He said, pulling my face up to look at him and flashing me a sincere smile. I returned the favor and he leaned in, gently pressing his lips against my cheek. He lingered there for a few seconds before pulling away. He rubbed the side of my upper arm and flashed me a grin, before turning on his heel and walking into the kitchen.

  I stood there in shock for a few seconds. What just happened...? It was just something best friends did, right? I mean, Phil and I have been best friends for years!

  I followed Phil into the kitchen, leaning on the counter and watching him as he hastily made himself an evening snack. I kept watching his movements, the way he would flip his hair out of his face every minute or so.

  "What was that?" The question slipped from my mouth before I even had time to think about what I was asking. "I kissed your cheek." He said, turning to look at me and raising an eyebrow. "Oh." Was all I said, looking down as a bright red blush covered my cheeks and a small smile formed on the corners of my lips.

  I looked up to see Phil eating some biscuits, just studying my face. "Why'd you get earrings?" He asked, breaking the short-lasting silence. I just shrugged and began playing with the ends of my hair. "They just looked appealing to me, so I decided I'd get them for myself." I said simply, which made him smirk.

  "You made a good choice," he said, before glancing at the clock. "It's getting pretty late, should we head to bed?" He asked, popping the last biscuit in his mouth. I nodded and smiled, beginning to walk towards my bedroom. I changed into some pajama pants, before I noticed Phil's cat shirt hanging in my wardrobe. My smile widened and I closed my wardrobe doors. "Definitely wearing that tomorrow..."

  I walked over to Phil's room, only to be greeted by his smiling face looking at me as I walked through the door. He lay down on his bed and signaled for me to do the same.

(Phil's POV)

  As soon as he crawled up next to me, I pulled him in and pressed his back to my chest. I draped an arm over him and he snuggled up next to me. God, it felt so good to have Dan here tonight...