Eight

PJ's POV

  "Come on Chris, we're gonna be late!" I called, hopping in the driver's seat. Chris came running and immediately hopped in the passenger's side.

  I started the car and drove off, racing down the street as fast as the speed limit would allow. I kept making twists and turns, which made Chris look like he was going to be sick. But I couldn't miss this.

  I eventually pulled into a parking spot and hopped out, grabbing Chris' hand and pulling him with me. I ran to the spot I'd picked out earlier, and sat down, pulling Chris down with me. Everyone else was already sitting out here, looking up at the sky excitedly. Tonight was the night of the big fountain show and fireworks display, something I'd always loved and I knew Chris would love too. And we were just in time.

  Bright and colorful fireworks began going off in the sky, Chris' eyes widening and his smile growing. I couldn't resist how much I wanted to lean in and just connect our lips, but I knew he'd be mad at me if I did. So I ignored the thought and looked back at the fireworks, snaking my arm up Chris' back and around his shoulders.  He leaned his head on my shoulder and I smiled, laughing slightly. I loved Chris more than words could say.

Dan's POV

  "Phil! Quit eating my cereal!" I said, grabbing the box from him. "Sorry, it's just so delicious!" He whined, and I rolled my eyes. "How about this? Next time I go to the supermarket, I'll  get you some cereal, okay?"

"Yaaay!" He squealed, jumping around excitedly. I still couldn't believe he was about to turn 28...

  I leaned up and kissed his forehead gently, flashing him a big grin. "I love you, you dork." I laughed, which only made him give that signature smile of his. I couldn't help but get lost in his icy blue eyes, before he closed them and leaned in to gently connect our lips.

  He put his arms around my neck and pulled me closer, whilst I wrapped my arms around his waist. I just loved how soft Phil's lips were.  How careful he always was whenever he did anything. Especially when he kissed me or hugged me. Phil would never hurt a fly. And that's why I love him.

  We eventually pulled away, our breathing heavy and our smiles wider than before. "I love you so much, Dan.." He said, pulling me in for a hug and digging his face into my shoulder. "I love you too, Phil." I said, hugging him tight.

  I then heard a knock at the door, which pretty much ruined the moment, and gave a sad face as I let go of Phil to go answer the door.

  I opened it and there stood PJ and Chris, PJ holding a few bottles of beer. "Hey guys!" Chris said happily, and I smiled once more. "Hey PJ! Hey Chris! Come on in!" I said, signaling for them to come in and closing the door behind them.

  And that's about when all hell broke loose...