⭐️Chapter Five⭐️

I feel so bad about not contacting Elliot I text him at 11 at night. He doesn't seem all that happy... It's probably the time. I decide to call him because typing everything would take much too long.
"Hello?" Elliot sounds sick. I make a mental note to ask him about that tomorrow, I don't think he would like me asking if he's sick right now; he's in a bad mood.
"Elliot! I'm so sorry I didn't contact you! I was out in the lanes." I say, making sure that I put a lot of expression in my voice.
"It's okay, Penny. Look, can I call you in the morning? And by "in the morning" I do not mean 3AM." Elliot and I giggle.
"Of course. I was just so worried that you were mad at me."
"Why would I be mad? You were only out at the lanes. Weren't you?"
"Well, um I was out with Noah..." I say, now disappointed in myself. Elliot always feels like Noah will one day separate myself and Elliot. I've tried to tell him he's just my boyfriend and we might break up someday (I honestly doubt that last part) and that Elliot is my best friend; we'll always be besties. He's my soul brother. (I didn't mention that Noah is my soul mate) Elliot basically doesn't like Noah.
"Oh." Elliot says, quietly.
"I'm sorry, Elliot. I know you don't like Noah. But I can't chose between you two; I love you both so much."
"I know. And I'm sorry I'm hogging you to myself. You've clearly met your soul mate and can't just leave him. It's just, I wish it was still how it was before New York. How it was before the knickers incident. I want to hang out with you again. I feel like I'm going to lose you to him. I feel like this won't work." Elliot is clearly very stressed and miserable.
"Oh, Elliot! I promise I won't EVER leave you. You're my best friend! It's just that, sometimes it's hard to spend equal time with you, and Noah." I say, apologetically.
"It's okay. I think it would be best if-" Elliot stammers. "Never mind."
"What?"
"I'm really sorry, Penny. But, I think it would be best if you spend your time with Noah. You're happier with him. You don't need the drama I create. Seeing you less makes me sad and miss you more. But I think if I stop seeing you for good, I can manage, and will find other friends. I love you, Penny. Remember that." Elliot ends the call.
"What?" I say, tears in my eyes. What's gotten into Elliot?