Chapter 7 - "Can I take the risk?"

I'm here in front of Saku-chan's house. "Saku-chan!" I shouted. He opened the door and sprayed me disinfectant before letting me come inside. I cough as I walked inside. "Wow, your house is clean!" I complimented as I looked around.

"Of course, you're the only germ that has ever stepped in here." He replied. I just laughed. 'He hates germ so much' I thought. "So, care to explain yourself?" He asked.

"Explain what?" I asked.

"What's the reason you keep sticking around? I saw you begging coach to be the ball girl. You keep coming here early in the morning insisting to cook for me." He explained as he took the apron from the kitchen and throw me one.

"Ah, that.." I scratched my head. "It's a secret" I smiled catching the apron and wear it to myself. 'I can't let him know my promise to his father he'll definitely be furious.' I thought.

"What's in the paper bag?" He pointed the paper bag that I brought on my way here.

"That's Umeboshi! I heard from someone that you like those so, I brought some!" I took the jar of Umeboshi and placed it on the table. "Have a taste." I took a piece of umeboshi and tried to feed him.

He rolled his eyes. "I can eat by myself." He took one and have a bite. His eyes smiled. 'I think I'm making him mentally healthy, mom!' I said in my head proudly. I did the same and it taste sour. I can't help but show my sour face.

"You look ugly exactly like a germ!" He teased. I just glared at him and turned to the kitchen.

"Can you even cook?" He asked.

"Maybe!" I giggled.

"Move." He took my place. "I'll teach you but, you need to take responsibilities for your actions. From now on you're suppose to be here by exactly 5:30. If you fail to do so, I'll shut my door, okay?" I nodded in response. 'Oho! He's one strict client, okay!' I thought trying to hold back my laugh.

He taught me how to make omurice. He was a really good teacher. He's very clear in his words but, one thing I like the most is how he gets it done. I can't even focus on what he's teaching me. I was staring at him the whole time. He looks so alone doing this kinds of stuffs.

"What are you looking at huh? Liking what you see?" He raised me a brow. "Enjoy it while you can cause you'll be doing all this tomorrow. Now, prepare the plates let's have breakfast."

"Okay!" I just smiled as I took the plates from the cabinet. I took a seat right in front of him. He glared at me. "What?" I asked.

"Go eat at the other corner of the table. I don't eat in front of germs." He commanded. I rolled my eyes and do as I'm told.

We walked to school right after. I was humming my current favorite song while walking when he asked.

"What are you singing?"

"Oh, It's Nothing." I turned and smiled at him.

"What do you mean nothing? I'm asking you for the title stupid!" He rolled his eyes.

"You know what you can also be stupid at times, it's funny." I laughed. "It's Nothing by Bruno Major."

"Tch" I heard him and I just looked up the sky.

"Do you miss them?" I asked.

"Who?" He asked confused.

"Your mom and your dad."I answered. "My mom said when you look up the sky and you're thinking of someone. It means you're missing them and that feels lonely. Whenever I take a glimpse of you, I can see you looking up the sky so, do you miss them?" I added