Chapter 5 - "He who hates germs"

He opened his eyes and his sudden movement made me kiss his lips indirectly to his mouth.

Both our eyes grew and my heart started to race. I quickly moved away from him. I felt my cheeks burning. I turned to look at him and saw his ears turning red. "Why did you move!?" I shouted.

He stayed silent and turned the other way. He took some disinfectant. He sprayed it everywhere. I threw him the box.

"What is this?" He asked.

"It's a gift. I wanted to put it on you myself but you moved. It's not a kiss okay!? It's not counted." I defended. I stood up and turned to the other side. 'What have I done? Did I kiss him? Is this counted? My heart's beating so fast. Does that mean I like him?' I thought.

"I didn't say anything. Why are you so defensive? You just contaminated my mask." He said as he opened the box. He saw a black mask he placed it in his palm examining the mask I gave him. It has a personalized patch on the side, it's a germ.

"Do you like it?" I asked. He didn't answer instead he hid the box inside his bag. "Oh.." I whispered. 'I guess he didn't like it.' I thought 'Oh well, the design is a bit childish after all' I added. My face turned into a frown.

He stared at me. "I hid it because I didn't want to wear a mask that I didn't wash myself, idiot." He said. He stood up and look up the sky. "The sky's pretty so, where do we go next?"

"You still want to continue?" I asked. I thought he'll excuse himself to leave because of the accident.

"I promised. Didn't I?" He raised me a brow.

"Okay then, let's check my old ward!" I suggested. We walked to the said ward but, stopped when we saw a familiar guy. "Oh!" I pointed to the man. "It's Mr. Clown! It's you're father Saku-chan!" I cheered happily.

I ran towards his father. "What are you doing here Mr. Clown? Are you sick?" I asked. I was smiling the whole time without even noticing that the color in Sakusa's face are gone. I turned to him. "Sakusa..??" I called.

"Omi..." His father called.

"I think I must put this tour to an end. I'll go." He said as he turned his back while his hands are on his pockets.

"Omi! Let's talk please.." His father begged. I saw the pain in his father's eyes. I ran towards Sakusa.

"Hey what's wrong with you? Your father's calling you!" I tried to reach for his arm.

He took a step back. "Don't touch me! I got nothing to say to a germ. If he wants to talk to me, he needs to stop being one." He shouted. His eyes, I can see them. They're in so much pain.

"Ack- Omi...." His father called as he tried to ran towards his son but, eventually tripped himself.

"Mr. Clown!" I shouted as I ran towards him giving him a support.

"Sakusa!" I called him again. He didn't even bat an eye instead he just continued walking. I saw both pain in their eyes. It seeks for help. It feels like they're drowning and no one can hear them.

I helped the poor Mr. Clown stand up and guide him to his own ward. He asked me to sit down beside his bed and I did. "Please don't hate Omi. He's a good child." He pleaded as he reached for my hand. "He's the best child I could ever have. He's just in pain and he don't know how to handle things the way they are right now." He added.

I nodded. "I know that Saku-chan isn't a rude person." Upon saying that I was reminded of the way his eyes looked a while ago. The pain and agony it shows. It made me wanna ask why and how did a young boy acquired such sorrowful eyes.