The Jeweled Girl

Lia liked to drink. She liked the way it made her looser and more fluid in conversation. She liked how she became more outgoing and if she were honest, less like her true self. Where sober Lia was hesitant and guarded, drunk Lia was friendly and naive. She herself believed that people liked her better that way, so she drank.

However at present Lia wished she were a tad more sober. The beautiful girl who asked her to sit down- Jade, as she introduced herself- ordered them three rounds of shots since she sat down, and seemed to hold her liquor much better than Lia did. Or it was just that Lia had been drinking all night before then, and she had a later start. Whichever it was really didn't matter. Lia tried to concentrate on what she was saying as her head felt fuzzy and heavy. It was weird, Lia thought then, that alcohol didn't make her tired so much as it made her feel like she was already dreaming.

Jade was clearly Faeryn, Lia knew that from when she first saw her. Her deep scarlet eyes, like luminous pools of blood, gave that away instantly. The specific type is called Harin, a type that survives off of blood. Harin mostly populated Andaria, besides a few others like the Ghi and Vyladan. Lia had had hookups with Faeryn before and much preferred their company anyway when they didn't get political and stayed away from the topic of the war, like the Harin mainly did. One thing she loved about Andaria was how the Elysian and Faeryn mingled and lived in tolerance of one another, almost harmony.

The others who were sitting with Jade introduced themselves as Dean, Luna, Wade, and Ara. They were also Faeryn. Dean was very pale and wore street clothes that gave off the impression he didn't care much for his looks, except that they were clearly designer and he smelled of fresh cologne. Luna had bronze skin and wore a sleek red skater dress with a deep v-neck. Her amber hair was tied in two braids that fell past her elbows. Wade was tan with a beanie and dressed similarly to Dean, who he kept chatting to over his martinis. He wore silver glasses and had very sharp features. Ara had freckled skin and a shock of orange hair which exploded from her head in tight corkscrew curls. Her deep red eyes looked very kind and inviting. She wore a dark blue jumpsuit which complimented her hair nicely. They all chatted heartily amongst themselves, and seemed to be celebrating something. Lia wanted to ask what it was but was trying to let Jade lead the conversation, especially feeling drunk as she did.

The band in the VIP lounge was playing swing jazz music with an old-time feel. All around the walls, the deep red lights and curtains seemed to envelop Lia the same way Jade's eyes did. They were almost the same shade, Lia noted simply as she watched her while she spoke. She had just finished downing another shot and was giving the glass back to the waiter, turning to Lia with a throw of her satin hair. Lia was utterly captivated by her.

"You don't mind if I step out a moment and head for the restroom real quick, would you?" she asked in her honey-like voice. "Drinks run through us like water. It's a bit of a nasty affair. Normally I'd think it wasn't worth it, but tonights a bit of a special occasion." Her smile lifted at the corners, crinkling her eyes.

"I don't mind at all," Lia shifted a bit to give Jade room to get up, then paused. She hadn't gone all night it would be an opportunity to be with Jade alone. "Actually... I have to use it as well. Would it be alight if I tagged along?" Lia tried her hardest not to let her words slur together but knew she was doing only a half-good job at it.

Jade smiled warmly and lent a hand to help her up, which Lia took with a skip of her heart. The contact of Jade's skin was like ice and Lia bit back a shudder at the sensation. She was so enthralled with Harin and how they seemed so otherworldly. It was part of their allure.

"Of course, I don't mind at all. There should be a restroom for the VIP lounge exclusively." She offered Lia her arm to help her along. Lia knew she ought to feel slightly embarrassed at how obviously drunk she was, but she was too busy being amazed at the attention she'd been shown by Jade that she didn't even care. Why someone like Jade would go for someone like her she couldn't understand. She let herself be led by Jade, who seemed like she was often in the practice of leading drunk girls along to the restroom.