𝘁𝘄𝗼 - 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲

"night!"

"night!"

"goodnight."

[name] walks up to his room, after sitting in the living room with aika, the aftertaste of yaki soba in his mouth.

he slips on a clean shirt and some shorts, and falls onto his bed.

his mind is going ten times faster than it should be.

internally, he'd been worrying about the whole situation, but he managed to put those feelings to rest.

he stared up at his ceiling.

he'd only be there for a week. I mean sure, he and aika did go to school with some of them. he might recognize some of the second years from his classes.

and he was fine with meeting new people.

if you're polite, then they dont have a reason to be horrible to you, and from the way that his grandpa spoke, they had to be great people.

besides, he already knew some of nekoma's players. he had some classes with kenma, and some others with yamamoto. not that he was exactly friends with them, but he still knew who they where.

he was however, friends with fukunaga. they had lunch together sometimes.

[name] rolled over slightly, pulling his covers up to his face.

he'd also get to see volleyball up close, with a bunch of really awesome players.

- - -

by 7.00 am, the nekomata household were all up and packing bags.

[name]'s mother was going to visit his father in england, so his grandpa was in charge for the week.

[name] was allowed to stay at the facility if he wanted to, so was aika, because nekomata would be with his team.

but if they wanted to go home, they could always take a bus, or cycle depending on how they got to the site.

[name] didn't bother packing much, just a backpack with some water, yen and his phone. also some of his summer homework, just in case he had any free time. it was also an excuse he could use if he got into an uncomfortable conversation, or wanted to end a conversation early.

apparently, the teams were supposed to get there at different times, and there would always be one team resting, since there were five.

from what he'd been told, the five schools were nekoma, fukurodani, karasuno, seijoh or aoba johsai and shiratorizawa. they were all supposed to be amazing at what they did, but [name] had only ever heard of fukurodani (and of course nekoma) mainly because of where he lived.

he was excited nonetheless.

he ran down the stairs, jumping the last few, and walked into the living room. his mother had already left, so when he walked in it was aika and his grandpa sat together in quiet conversation.