Chapter 16: Enchantress

Author's Note: Game na ba kayo? Kasi game na ako. Here we go! Not proofread. 🥰

She's so exhausted from a series of shoot this week. She was able to talked to the producers of Runway Philippines and re-negotiate her terms. She can't devulge all the details as to why she needed to leave the show, but what she said was there's a threat to her life and that she needs to protect herself. It was backed up with a confidential documents from the security agency and Tito Gabby in Camp Crame.

Her father needed to pull off some strings just to produce documents that will be enough for her need. They need to be careful about this as the right authority is already working to make sure everyone involved in that drug trade will be captured with solid evidence that could pin them down and rot in jail.

The producers settled for a new draft of contract—they really wanted her to be in the show, so, instead of a 3-month contract they lowered it to a month and a half but this means they need to double their shooting schedules. The original contract states that they will shoot 3 times a week, but with this new progress they need to shoot 6 days in a week, excluding Sunday as their rest days.

At first, her father argued to just buy back the contract but she reasoned out that she really wanted to do this, more than ever as it diverts her mind with the issues at hand. Her mom helped her discussed and explained everything to her Dad—in the end her Dad agreed but not without additional security measures in place—one is an added security in the set and the shoot should happened within the metro and no out of town shoots. The producer agreed.

They just ended their shoot for that day. It's almost 5pm and she's so tired, but excited because tomorrow they'll be shooting an episode at Concha's. She needed some wardrobe for tomorrow's shoot, ayaw na niyang bumili or magpabili, as much as possible, less yong mga lakad niya sa labas, even though may mga security details naman siya pero, she's taking it to heart what her father told her—to be self-aware of her surroundings and always follow her gutfeel.

She's on her way to her condo to get some things, para bukas. Sa bahay na siya manggagaling bukas papuntang Concha's kasi out of the way ang Condo niya.

"Choy, akyat lang ako saglit, may kukunin lang ako, bago tayo umuwi."

"Sure po, Ma'am Athena."

"Thank you..."

While on her way up, her brother texted her na hindi ito makakauwi tonight sa bahay, may sasamahan na kaibigan. Alam na daw ng parents niya. She replied "Okay" and put her phone back on her pocket. The elevator reaches their floor. She went inside their unit and went straight to her room to get the necessary things she needed. Gusto pa sana niyang mahiga sa kama pero as OC as her father, ayaw niyang humiga pag hindi pa siya nakaligo.

She put everything that she needed in a small duffel bag, makikisuyo nalang mamaya kay Yaya Pepe na plantsahin ang damit na kailangan niya para bukas.

When she thought she's already done, she went out of her room at nilagay muna sa mesa sa sala ang bag because she felt like wanting to drink some water.

Kumuha siya ng pitsel sa ref and a glass, then, bumalik sa sala, uminom ng tubig. Naupo muna siya sa couch, she could use some rest for awhile, mga ilang minutes lang. She elevated her feet and massage her legs, ngayon niya lalong naramdaman ang pagod. Hinagod niya ang batok niya and lend her head in the couch, and then closed her eyes for a few minutes. She's taking her time, enjoying her solitude. It's great to feel this kind of serenity. Yong wala kang pakialam sa nangyayari sa paligid mo. Often, silence is underrated, but in silence you found answers and comfort too.

She suddenly opened her eyes when she heard a noise somewhere. Napalingon siya sa kanan at kaliwa niya, and when she's about to stand up para ebalik na yong pitsel at baso sa kusina, bigla siyang nakaramdam ng kaba because something caught her eye. Hindi pa siya nakakatayo, pero hawak niya ang pitsel, it's a glass, so, whatever happens, she needed to hold on to it, and make this her weapon.