Chapter 7: Daddy's Princess

Nagising siya na tulog pa ang kapatid niya. Time check, it's 4.49 AM. Dahan-dahan siyang lumabas sa kwarto ni Siegfried and went to her room.

Naghilamos siya at pinusod ang buhok. Today—she has a mission. She looks at the mirror and feels like shit. Ang bigat pa rin sa pakiramdam.

She took a deep sigh at nakikita niya sa salamin niya ang namumuong luha na naman sa mga mata niya.

"This is the price you pay for not telling your parents about Reynald. No one should be blamed but you." She said at the girl in the mirror.

Pinahid niya ang luha niya.

"Get your act, Princess, and start doing something!" sabi niya sa sarili niya.

She wipes the corner of her eyes again and went outside her room.

Dumiretso siya sa kusina. She turns on the coffee maker, and then checks the ref for ingredients.

Nagsimula siyang gumalaw ng tahimik sa kusina, making sure she will perfect the breakfast she is cooking for a very special man of her life.

While silently working on her own. Around 5.35 AM, someone saw her. Napako ang tingin ng pares ng mga mata sa kusina, lips forming a smile and went back upstairs.

"Good, you're awake."

"Saan ka galing?"

"Bumaba lang ako, RJ. I think someone's asking your forgiveness by cooking breakfast for you."

Her husband stops fixing their bed and looks at her.

"Athena?"

"Yes. Bababa sana ako para mag prepare ng breakfast but naunahan na ako ng anak mo."

Maine went to his husband and hugs him from his back.

RJ leans back and reaches his wife's head and kisses it.

"Love..." Maine said.

"Hmmm?" RJ replied.

"You go downstairs. Kausapin mo na si Athena. Matitiis mo ba ang Prinsesa mo?" Maine untangles her embrace and faces her husband.

She cups her husband's face. Tumitig siya sa mga mata nito and smiled at him.

"Athena loves you, RJ. Don't ever doubt your daughter's heart for you, love."

She saw her husband's eyes still in pain, but a smile formed his lips.

"I know. I love her too, sooo much."

"Kaya wag mo na tiisin yon. Sure ako ngayon pinipigilan na non ang luhang pumatak sa niluluto niya, kung ano man yong inihanda niyang lutoin."

"I should go now, baka maging maalat masyado yong favorite kong pagkain, di ko na malunok."

"That's it."

"Thank you, my love... I love you, remember that always. Okay?"

"I know, RJ and I love you too."

Their lips met for a passionate kiss.

"Mamaya nalang kaya ako pumunta doon love, I want you..."

"Hahahaha. Later, RJ. Puntahan mo muna Prinsesa mo."

"Mamaya, you promise?"

"I promise, love. Sige na."

"Okay, if you say so..."

"I said so...I love you and Athena, and Siegfried."

"We love you too, Mommy."