SIX┇TIPSY

―(у/и)'ѕ ρσν

I sat behind the counter at the bar in The Cosmos, waiting for the nightly customers to pour in. It was about time for the usual crowd to show up. A typical night. 

As I prepared the counter, I couldn't stop thinking of my lunch "date" with Hawks earlier. Maybe we could do it again sometime. It's strange thinking that I have a popular hero for a friend. Are we even friends yet?

A few customers walked in and sat down. I took their orders and served them as more people came in. By the time I was done taking all their orders and making and serving the drinks, time had passed and the sun had set. 

Among the influx of customers coming is was a certain red-winged man. He sat down at the bar, right in front of where I was working. 

"Hey, give me the best drink you got, Drink Wizard."

I looked up from the drink I was making for another customer and smiled. I know he said he would stop by sometime, but I wasn't expecting tonight. "You're not gonna let that stupid name go, are you?" 

"Not a chance." He smirked and I rolled my eyes. 

When I finished making the other customer's drink, I worked on Hawks' order. He wanted me to make him the 'best drink I got'. Majority of the drinks I make the customers love, so I could pick any off my menu, really. But what would he like the best?

I decided to go with (insert alcoholic beverage here, I don't know I'm a minor and don't drink😼). I made it and slid it towards Hawks. "Here, it's the best drink I got. Tell me what you think." 

He was about to take a sip when a couple feathers shot out from his wings and he laughed. "Nice try, buddy, but you're not stealing tonight. Not on my watch." 

I didn't even notice, but a man was trying to steal from a drunk lady's purse. Hawks wasn't even looking...how'd he know?

Oh right, his feathers are super sensitive. 

He handled the situation easily, and then returned to his seat at the bar. "Sorry 'bout that, chickadee. Couldn't let that guy get away with that." He grabbed the drink and was finally able to try it. "Holy shit, you do make really good drinks..." 

I smirked. "Told ya I wouldn't disappoint." 

Soon enough it was late into the night, and most customers were drunk on the dance floor. Hawks himself was a little tipsy, and I had to stop serving him drinks because I didn't want to have to take care of a wasted overgrown chicken tonight. 

"Heyyyyy (Y/n), come dance with me!" Hawks said as he waved me to the dance floor.

"I'm working." I replied while wiping down the counter. Didn't really feel like feeding into his tipsy actions. Who knows what things would lead to. 

He pouted and sat back down. He had his head in his palm and he watched me clean up with tired eyes. It was pretty much closing time, and I had stopped serving drinks to anyone. I just had to finish cleaning up my area and then I could head home. I didn't have closing up duties tonight. 

Hawks looked like he would fall asleep any moment. 

Yeah, no way you're going home by yourself. You'll probably fly into a building or fall asleep midair.

After I finished what I needed to do, I clocked out and tapped Hawks' shoulder. "Let's go home." 

He nodded and followed me out. I held his arm the whole way to my apartment and I led him inside. 

He sat on the couch and closed his eyes. It was around 2am and we were both tired, Me from working, him from drinking. I grabbed a blanket and laid it over him. I also filled up a glass of water and put it next to the couch on the table. 

As I was walking away, Hawks started to mumble. "Baby biiiirrrd..." 

WHAT.

"Come baaaack." He said, speech mumbled from having his head partially shoved in a pillow.

"I'm going to sleep. I'll see you in the morning." 

"Noooo, come sleep over here, I want to cuddllleee." Once those words left his mouth my face burst into a bright pink shade. 

Stoptalkingpleasestoptalkingshutupgoddammitfallasleepplease.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm sleeping in my own bed tonight." I left him pouting on the couch with a hazy head. I crawled into my bed and pulled the blankets up over my face and fell asleep with my face brushed in pink. 

━━🌹━━

━━🌹━━

;; currently crying over anime soundtracks❤️

author, out! *peace sign*