ONE┇NIGHT WALK

Being a hero wasn't easy. Hawks had enough on his plate. He had no room on said plate for a relationship. That's how it had always been.

Entering his empty, lonely apartment, Hawks shed his feathers to a jumbled pile on the floor in front of the couch before flopping down and turning on the TV. He had spent his day doing tiring hero work, and was now well-deserving of relaxation. 

It was late, around eleven at night. He had been out since seven in the morning and barely got a moment to take a break. 

But for some reason, he was restless.

He couldn't pinpoint why, but something was telling him to get back up and go out. He brushed it off and closed his eyes, waiting for sleep. But sleep never came. With an untamable mind and a strange urge, Hawks left his apartment at around twelve-thirty in the morning. 

The streets around his apartment building were empty, besides a few leaves tumbling across the road in the brisk breeze. It was refreshing, being out and about without having to do hero work. He decided he'd be on alert anyways, just in case anything did happen at that hour. It was inevitable for some crime, somewhere, to happen at any time.

The only sounds he could hear were his boots hitting the pavement softly and the occasional chirp of a cricket. That was, until a second pair of shoes joined the rhythm of his. At first he didn't notice. He was too lost in his own thoughts.

Around from the corner came a (height) girl with (hair color) hair, nodding along to the music blaring in her earbuds as she kicked a rock across the sidewalk while walking with her hands shoved in her pockets. Her face wasn't visible from the way she had her gaze set down on the sidewalk beneath her, but she was a mess. Day-old makeup streamed down her face in streaky tear lines. Her eyes were puffy and red along with the rest of her flushed features. 

Hawks continued to walk without noticing her presence, which was unlike him because of his sensitive feathers. She didn't seem to notice him either, until their paths crossed and the crying girl was knocked to the ground after their bodies collided on accident. 

Coming out of her emotional daze, the girl panicked and scrambled to sit up. When she looked up, she saw feathery blonde hair and...two red wings?

That hair and those wings looked very familiar. Then, she realized who exactly it was. She couldn't believe it. She had bumped into the Number Two Pro Hero: Hawks. 

"I'm so sorry, you okay?" He asked her as he held out a hand towards her to help her up. She sat, stunned for a moment, before accepting his hand. He pulled her up gently from the ground. She wiped her eyes with her sleeve before replying.

"I'm okay, thank you..." She couldn't properly form words in the moment. Hawks, a super-hot-and-popular hero was helping her off the ground after he accidentally knocked her down. 

She looked up at him and they met eye contact. It wasn't uncomfortable, both soft gazes catching each other. 

Then he realized, This must be why something was telling me to go out. 

━━🌹━━

━━🌹━━

;; I couldn't help myself. I am too much of a simp for hawks, it is ~required~ for me to write a hawks x reader. 

author, out! *peace sign*