The Pandavas In Disguise

Shakuni had to leave for Gandhar for political reasons. Duryodhan pleaded his uncle Shakuni to stay in Hastinapur to help him take his revenge from the Pandavas and Draupadi. Shakuni promised Duryodhan that he would be back within seven days and had asked him to add fuel to his inner fire. _____________________________________________

Yudhishtir received an anonymous letter stating that Adharm was happening in the whole of Aaryavrat. Yudhistir decided to check for himself. The other four Pandavas also chose to join him to ensure the welfare of the people. They disguised themselves as Brahmans, and as they began their journey, Draupadi stopped them and said that she would join them too. The Pandavas agreed, and their wife disguised herself as a Brahman man.

"Don't forget to visit Kuntibhoj, Kashi, and Angdesh," Krishna said.

"There must be a reason if Madhav says so," Arjun cried.

_________________________________________________They traveled across the whole Aaryavrat. Yudhistir was upset as he noticed a King torturing his subjects. In another Kingdom, selling of women was a tradition. They travelled to Kuntibhoj, their mother's land. Finding everything normal, they reached Kashi. They travelled across Virat kingdom, Madra kingdom, and finally, they reached Angdesh.

"This is the Kingdom I would never want to come," Nakul said.

"Why? Because the King of this region is more handsome than you, that is why you are jealous of him," Bheem said and laughed aloud.

"Oh! really?" Nakul rolled his eyes.

The people of the Kingdom seemed to be worried.

"I am sure that he is torturing the people of Angdesh," Sahadev said.Draupadi remained silent, and she was upset seeing the people sad.

"Why are you all looking worried?" Arjun asked a woman,

"It seems like Angraaj is going to give up his kingdom. It already occurred once, and we pleaded him to stay with us. We do not want to be under the control of the Hastinapur Administration," The woman replied.

"What? You are all worried because the King is giving up his Kingdom?" Sahadev asked.

"Yes, he is like a God to us, he is friends with Prince Duryodhan of Hastinapur just for our sake," The woman wept silently.

The Pandavas and Draupadi looked at one another.

"What is his speciality?" Arjun asked the woman.

"Equality, respect, and compassion are his speciality," The woman said.

"The King is like a father to us, if he gives up the throne, it will signify a father abandoning his children," A man said as he came towards them.

The Pandavas were impressed with the administration in the Kingdom. All the people of Anga loved their king and had an emotional attachment with him. A Brahman passing by stopped in his tracks and joined the conversation about the King of Anga.

"He is also known as Danveer Karna because he never lets anyone go empty-handed. He is very merciful and sympathetic. I am going to ask for alms from him, you can join us if you want. The King usually does his evening prayers to the sun god and the common people can meet him only at that time."

"But what are you going to ask for, Brahman dev?" Arjun asked

"Haan! I am brilliant, I will ask him not to give up his throne, and be our ruler" The old brahman jumped with joy._________________________

The Pandavas, Draupadi, and the old man went to the banks of the river. They saw Karna doing his evening prayers to Surya-Dev. He finished his prayers and turned to see seven people standing in front of him. He joined his hands and asked

"How can I help you Brahman Devta?" He asked

"Angraaj, we need only one help! Please do not abandon us, Maharaj," The old brahman pleaded him.

"Brahman dev! I am not leaving this Kingdom! Who told you that I was planning to leave Angdesh? No, I will not leave this Kingdom. In fact, I am honored to be the ruler of this Kingdom," Karna said.

"Thank you! Thank You!" The old man said and ran towards the main city,"The King is not leaving! Stop gossiping!"

Karna laughed at the childishness and turned to the Pandavas and Draupadi.

"How can I help you?" Karna asked the Pandavas and their wife.

"Water..." Draupadi cried suddenly,Karna ordered his attendant to bring some water and gave it to Draupadi. He could not recognize her as she was in disguise.

"It seems like the people of this Kingdom are attached very much to the King," Bheem said

"Maybe," Karna smiled as he wore back his ornaments.

"It looks like you have all traveled a long way. You must be tired. I will arrange for refreshments. Till then you can stay there, or you are welcome to come to the palace,"

"We want to come to the palace!" Nakul shouted aloud, earning a glare from Bheem.Karna let out silent laughter and nodded respectfully. They reached the grand palace which was attached to a large mansion for guests.

"You did not want to step in this kingdom but now you are the first one to shout that you wanted to be in the palace," Bheem whispered in Nakul's ears. The Pandavas and Draupadi stayed in one room which was large enough for all the six of them to stay.

"Oh my! Look at the construction!" Sahadev said aloud which was heard by Karn.

"It is the skill of the craftsmen and architects in our Kingdom," Karna explained.

"But Angdesh was barren land," Arjun said

"It was before King Karna's rule. Each and every idea of this development was his," The Mantri said as Karna took his leave.

"Thieves and Dacoits were dwelling in this city," The Mantri said

"Oh my! Did the King kill them all?" Nakul asked

"Never, he never killed any. He paid them well and used them for building these constructions. Our King says anyone can do anything," The Mantri said

"Kindly take rest. Food will be served in a short time."